Little Tweaks "Known Or Not"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Tweaks "Known Or Not"

Ive search numerous forums really and seen alot of tweaks and combined them and used them ingame and they've ranged from bindings to graphics tweaks and some of here are a few of them.

You know that music you always here when you start up COD4? And the music that plays before the start of a round?

Well I was poking around the net and found out you can disable these, in your main COD4 folder look for the folder named "miles" and just simply rename it to "nomiles" and this will disable all music that is played in the game.

Another small tip I found, which can be used for decent high end SLI/Crossfire cards and or 8800 series up is, by default you can only put Anti-Ailiasing in the game up to 4X but through console commands you can enable up to 16X AA with really very little impact on the game, same goes for enabling SuperSampling to smooth out all those jagged trees w/ everything on max.

The two console commands to do this are:

seta r_aaalpha "0-2" //anti-aliasing transparency method (0=off 1=fast Dither 2=SuperSample)

seta r_aasamples "1-16" //antialiasing 1 to 16 (1=Off 16=Maximun)

Also a little neat thing I discovered through forum searches is you can bind things to certain keys. for example say you want to bind a message to a key so when you press that key it will spam it on public chat.

/bind A "say Visit www.totalcod4.com" now every time you hit the A key it will display that ingame.

And another small tweak that will automatically set your game process to "low priority" when minimized is:

seta r_autopriority "0-1"//When the game is minimized automatically change to low priority (1=lowpriority 0=no)

Nice man, Thanks for sharing..Some good tips thar

Comment

thanks dude!!! but it doesnt work on my number pad, just the numbers above my letters

like i want it to be like 1. lets do this
      2. move up
      3. they are flanking
      4. flank
      4. stupid martyr noob
      5. nice shot

Comment

In COD4 if you are wanting to bind to the num pad you use this list.

Scroll to the near bottom they are down there. for example it would be bind kp_ins "say Hi"

Comment

Nice 'guide' D34D1Y...

Hopefully these don't make PB nuts.. Like the maxpackets thing i tried..

Comment

i got called gay for using those binds haha

dont join the murder inc server.

Comment

Nah all these are not stubborn to PB they are all part of the game and are allowed, they are mostly graphics tweaks to either make the game look better or worse lol.

I like the 16X AA the most because the menu only allows you to go up to 4X at the most but the game through console allows up to 16X.

Comment

Called gay for using binds

I dont think I would worry about it, especially if you were pwning.

Good finds, thanks for sharing.

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

well i was haha
                  he must have been jealous
                  but in all seriousness i think that he got mad cause he tried to knife me from behind but he ran up and i turned around and he missed. boom headshot /story

Comment

Originally posted by D34D1Y
                    Nah all these are not stubborn to PB they are all part of the game and are allowed, they are mostly graphics tweaks to either make the game look better or worse lol.

I like the 16X AA the most because the menu only allows you to go up to 4X at the most but the game through console allows up to 16X.

So is the maxpackets part of the game... Kinda... I think..

It's suppose to improve the game(lagwise), but some server owners has set the limit for 150(for example). And when i go into the server with maxpackets set to 250 or 333, i get kicked...

Thankfully the maxpacket limit is set to under 250 in only some servers...

Comment

Im surprised noone else has posted in this thread yet lol, I know its more useful lol.

Comment

I think its more because there is a tips n tricks thread that many post to.

Crunch
                        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Re: Little Tweaks "Known Or Not"

LOL OWNED

Comment

Working...
                          X