Support Weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support Weapons

Yes I know I suck at life. But I'll get over it. Maybe..

Anyway I was wondering what kind of weapons is of best value for the support kit when on USMC

M249 in Project Reality.

Go get it.

Comment

PKM at longer range.

M249 at short range, the most fun but you have to use it correctly: Like a really, really innaccurate assault rifle, don't use the ironsights it slows you down.

MG36 for all round, be aware that its ironsights are waaaay off where they should be though.

Comment

PKM is good but it takes a little longer to deploy and its fire rate is slow but it is really powerful. The MG36 deploys quickly has a good fire rate and is quite powerful. I haven't really used the M249 enough to give a decent opinion on it, but for the times that I did use it, it has the fastest fire rate but it isn't really accurate, its more of a spray and pray type of support weapon.

So overall, MG36 for sure.

Comment

RPK ftw ...nothing else is worth the effort.

Comment

Originally posted by lewdis
            I haven't really used the M249 enough to give a decent opinion on it, but for the times that I did use it, it has the fastest fire rate but it isn't really accurate, its more of a spray and pray type of support weapon.
            no. just no. if you 'spray and pray' with any of the support guns chances are you couldnt hit a barn door.
            if you have a proper understanding of them, as i have eventually come to have, you should find that you can use all of them effectively. although the MG36 ironsights are out, as long as you fire in controlled bursts, just like all the other LMG's, your opponents will start dropping like flies.

Comment

RPK is the best support weapon imho.
              MG36 does not much damage but is quite accurate in burst mode.
              PKM really powerful, but slow.
              M249 sucks in accuracy but is OK in power, same for the chinese stock weapon

No matter which gun you take: Always go prone and shoot in bursts of lik e3-4 bullets!

Comment

Originally posted by CDN-SMOKEJUMPER View Post
                M249 in Project Reality.

Go get it.
                Meh.. That MEC support weapon kicks even more *** now since it has a 3 round burst

Comment

Please, try the M249 for a few rounds, and you might just see what I love with it - everything. I don't know, but I can get an assload of kills with this gun, it's fast, pretty accurate and powerful. Try it, you might like it !

Comment

What Doggie is trying to say is that he spawns with the M249 only to hop in a jet/helicopter and unleash havoc.

(That doesn't count )

Comment

Originally posted by (TM)KillJoy View Post
                      RPK ftw ...nothing else is worth the effort.
                      Haha that is what I was thinking to the RPK is a fast powerful gun and its the default wepon on MEC which is a great way to kill if you use it right.

Comment

Accuracy, best to worst:
                        HK21, MG36, PKM, M249, RPK-74, Type 95

Firepower, best to worst:
                        M249/Type 95/RPK-74, PKM, HK21, MG36

Firepower is in terms of how long it takes to kill a human target (armored or unarmored) assuming all shots hit. This includes RoF and bullet damage.

Comment

Originally posted by jdrou View Post
                          Accuracy, best to worst:
                          HK21, MG36, PKM, M249, RPK-74, Type 95

Firepower, best to worst:
                          M249/Type 95/RPK-74, PKM, HK21, MG36

Firepower is in terms of how long it takes to kill a human target (armored or unarmored) assuming all shots hit. This includes RoF and bullet damage.
                          Sorry but this has to be done...
                          [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAOxY_nHdew[/media]

Comment

the hand pistol... its the best most powerful and most accurate and it has supersonic bullets with special gunpowder to make them go faster and like it has acid in the tip to kill ur enemy better...

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah View Post
                              Sorry but this has to be done...
                              [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAOxY_nHdew[/media]
                              I just went through a quick maths test, and hes correct.

Both accuracy and DPS wise, he took his info from actual in game stats. Available at BF2 wiki at

Also the reason why I prefer the SAW. Burst firing is stupid for LMGs, I just set up an ambush at the correct distance, hold down the trigger and unsuspecting people and rely on the superior DPS. Support weapons dont exactly work the way the should be working.

Comment

Working...
                              X