No announcement yet.

How difficult would it be for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he meant it the other way: Dead Silence would counter Eavesdropping. But, I like your idea, too!

Comment

No longer will people be aimlessly running around without consequence!

I think hearing the reload animation or have it blip on radar (maybe in an outward circle type motion) would be pretty cool. Maybe it will teach people not to pointlessly reload after every bullet?

Comment

Originally posted by Keyelite View Post
        ...Maybe it will teach people not to pointlessly reload after every bullet?
        There is no pointless reloading in CoD4.

Comment

Ehh, I think having a blip for reloading is going a bit too far. I already think it's a bit excessive to have a radar show where shots are coming from, so that would be taking it a bit too far in my opinion.

However, I do agree that use of binds/chat should be displayed on the radar if a player is using eavesdrop. It would make it a useful perk for the PC version - and to be honest, up until this thread I had totally forgotten that the perk even existed.

Comment

I'm saying a "general" area of the reload sound. I'm not sure how they can introduce it, but I would not want it to be as specific as UAV is now.

Comment

Originally posted by Keyelite View Post
              I'm saying a "general" area of the reload sound. I'm not sure how they can introduce it, but I would not want it to be as specific as UAV is now.
              I'd rather the reloads only show in a certain proximity to your marker than a general area anywhere. If it was the general area, then you could see somebody reloading on the opposite side of the map.

Comment

That's actually quite a good idea Spik3d, only thing is, aren't most maps a bit too small for that? I can still see it working, but that might be a small obstacle to overcome

Comment

Yep, you get the idea though, it's not pinpoint sound.. and you can't hear it across the map.. only nearby.

Either that or just the general sounds are just louder if you are closer. Use your 5.1 or headphones to figure out where he is.

BTW, why doesn't eavesdrop pickup on enemy team chat logs?

Comment

I'm assuming the reason is because it was designed as a console game, and people don't text chat in console games.

It would be really nice if IW would put some serious thought into modifying the eavesdrop perk for the PC version.

Comment

Nobody has seen the practicality in such a decision. I mean, just the concept, the notion of VOIP jacking would have been enough. Noone ever thought that nobody would use VOIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                        Noone ever thought that nobody would use VOIP.
                        For giving away your position, maybe just for yelling at your teammate to get out of your way or for teamkilling you.. why would you need eavesdrop for that?

Comment

The whole eavesdrop thing is stupid imo. Great way to get everyone off ingame VOIP and onto TS/Vent. If anyone used it in the first place....

Comment

Working...
                          X