• Show
Clear All

• -Auto Adjusting In Progress-

Here is my situation:
    Dell Inspiron 530
    Quad Core Processor 2.40GHz
    3070MB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT
    I just recently set up my new computer and installed COD4. When running at 1440x900 resolution (optimal resolution), I start up the game. The screen goes black and a little bar of white text, "Auto Adjusting in Progress" pops up, and the game is then minimized to my tool bar. I click on the COD4 tab on the tool bar to maximize it, then I just get the black screen with the message before it is sent back to the tool bar. The sound works and the game is running, but my computer doesn't seem to want to display it. Help?

I apologize if this was an absolutely nooby question.

*edit* I am running vista (unfortunately) and I am also up to date with the 1.5 patch

Update:

I updated the drivers for the graphics card, and the game now runs! But I just ran into another problem... The game seems to have been completely shifted over to the left side of my screen. I tried to move it over using my monitor settings but to no avail... Help!

Last UPDATE!
    I solved the problem. I went into the graphics menu in COD4 and adjusted the screen size to 1440x900, and boom! It works. I hope my stupidity helps others setting up a new computer.

Wow, you fixed youre problems fast

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
      Wow, you fixed youre problems fast

Crunch
      Well, I then ran into the Multi Player sound card problem... So I spent an hour uploading drivers, installing and reinstalling, then I just put in a pair of headphones in the mic slot. Holy crap it works...

Comment

Working...
      X