Spec Ops Second Tier Unlock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spec Ops Second Tier Unlock

Im talking about the special forces unlock for the special ops class. I think its called the Scar L. Im about to hit 20,000 points and many of us know the gap after that is a long wait. I have all of the engineer to unlock and the second tier spec ops and the second tier support gun.

I have not come here asking for advice as i know many of you hate those threads, but i have come to ask your opinions on the Scar L unlock for spec ops as i very rarely see it used.

Thanks.

I used to hate the SCAR-L, but I've really grown to like it. It's not as user-friendly as the G36C (a.k.a. 'The Gun That Cannot Miss'), however it does do more damage. I also like the firing sound better than the G36C and the red-dot optic is nice if you don't like standard ironsights. The G36C is better overall, but the SCAR is still a good gun. Think of it as a substitute for the AK-74U. If you like that gun, you'll like the SCAR.

~Wolfgang

Comment

I have been looking at some of the stats for it and other than 2+ damage they are almost exactly the same gun but with a different skin. The G36C has slightly less, and i mean very slight less recoil.

Comment

I have the same problem as Dog (sorry, the Elmiminator ), only it will take some time untill I hit 20000 points.

I used to have it on my old account and was never really fond of the Scar, always prevered the G36C. But then again I hardly play Spec Ops.

Comment

im around the same points as you Ctrl, i got 13,100 and it wont take too long to get to 20,000 i dont feel, but then it did take me 100 hours solid ground pounding to get to 12 :/

I want to try out the Scar more but very rarely see it used.

Comment

The scar-l is probably the best spec-ops gun. It has good accuarcy and good range. I remember when me and my brother would C4 jump on karkand and he would be spec-ops and i would be support/medic he would always use the scar-l and every round would get 15+ kills alone with the gun, and then more with nades etc etc. You should get it first rather then the engineer weapons. I'm a first sergeant right now (22k points) and i have all the weapons unlocked except the 2 engineer ones. And its up to you too, which ever kit you can see yourself use more but the scar-l is really good, imo.

Comment

PROS of SCAR-L cool scope and medium damage

CONS runs out of bullets soooo fast

Comment

Well the Scar-L is a decent gun I would use the Scar-L when on MEC or PLA since I like the M4 better than the Scar-L but it is a good gun can be accurate if you get used to it, I'd say it is genrealy a better gun at long range and short range but you have to know how to use it first.

Comment

I have it, and have had it... I don't play BF2 that often either so if you want to try it out in MP you can use my account for a bit.

Anyways, it's a good gun, but I honestly believe it's not worth the unlock. It seems like a dumbed-down version of the M4, and the G36C is much better than the M4.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator View Post
                    Im talking about the special forces unlock for the special ops class. I think its called the Scar L. Im about to hit 20,000 points and many of us know the gap after that is a long wait. I have all of the engineer to unlock and the second tier spec ops and the second tier support gun.

I have not come here asking for advice as i know many of you hate those threads, but i have come to ask your opinions on the Scar L unlock for spec ops as i very rarely see it used.

Thanks.
                    i wasnt sure on getting it so i've left it for 50,000. i assume you have your own copy of SF? if i'm right, then i recommend you play on the maps with the US Seals, as it is available for choice as either the Spec-Ops or the Assault kits. (think one of 'em maybe the SCAR-H, but its just different rounds)
                    used it in todays session, had two pretty good rounds with it.

as for the unlocks you have left, i'd just get the MG36 and the Scar-L, because i see the engineer unlocks as a waste if you dont use both to get the MP7.
                    the Jackhammer aint worth getting because quite simply, if you play engineer regularly you will already know that both the S12K and the M11-87 own!

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealWolfgang View Post
                      I used to hate the SCAR-L, but I've really grown to like it. It's not as user-friendly as the G36C (a.k.a. 'The Gun That Cannot Miss'), however it does do more damage. I also like the firing sound better than the G36C and the red-dot optic is nice if you don't like standard ironsights. The G36C is better overall, but the SCAR is still a good gun. Think of it as a substitute for the AK-74U. If you like that gun, you'll like the SCAR.

~Wolfgang
                      The scope alone makes it more user friendly than the g36c IMO

Comment

Yea im thinking of unlocking the SCAR and the MG36 and leaving the engineer weapons as i very rarely if at all play that class.

I do own my copy of SF and did play around with the H version but that was a long time ago.

So some people seem to think its best Spec Ops gun and some people thinks its ok, better than i thought the responses would be.

Comment

Yeah and if you go engy, the shotgun pwns all!

So go for the Scar, if you want to play spec ops.

Comment

MP7 for Engi rules! I love it. For USMC - Stock shottie all the way.

On topic - for me, the sounds make all the difference. If it sounds lame, I suck with it. So I suck with the SCAR L and the L85. The G36 rifles sound awesome and I'm good with them.

lol For me - its all audio. SCAR L, M95 I never ever use. G3 in Bf2 I use sometimes - don't really care for it. In COD 4 - I love it.

Comment

Wait...so you actually like the sound of the G36 weapons firing? To me it sounds like someone farted into the mic (not a big ripper either, one of those little baby farts that you had to really work at to squeeze out). The G3, AK101, and PKM are pure awesome-sounding in first person perspective. But I guess to each their own, eh?

~Wolfgang

Comment

Working...
                              X