Sniper in Regular - Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper in Regular - Question

Alright, I've noticed this after playing in regular matches...

Sniping, with the M40.

Perks:

Bandolier
    Stopping Power
    Deep Impact

I can scope and kill a target, anywhere on the body, 95% of the time with one shot. There are rare occasions where it will take two shots to kill an enemy even when they aren't using juggernaut.

No-Scoping, I hit a target anywhere on the body, and it only kills them maybe 5% of the time at best. Any distance. What is the reasoning for this, can anybody explain?

Noscopes will kill most of the time... Its just where that random shot will hit is the part where luck comes in.

Comment

It just doesn't make sense though - at all.

Comment

Because when unzoomed the inaccuracy means most of the time it will hit anywhere but center mass.

Comment

I said ... it usually does kill in one shot.

Maybe you've just had bad experiences noscoping.

Comment

Well stephen, that is true... but, that brings up another question:

Why in the world is the unscoped sniper rifle so damn innacurate? And don't you dare say for balance, because many games have accurate rifles when it's not scoped.

It's like the barrel is bent?

Comment

Originally posted by [SSM] k0daK View Post
              Well stephen, that is true... but, that brings up another question:

Why in the world is the unscoped sniper rifle so damn innacurate? And don't you dare say for balance, because many games have accurate rifles when it's not scoped.

It's like the barrel is bent?
              isn't because snipers have huge recoil, and are heavy?

Comment

Well i imagine its for balance,otherwise you could just put a dot on the screen.

Comment

i kind of find noscope annoying too, i mean, it kills pure logic, just because ur scoped doesnt make it any more accurate than unscoped (IMO)

Comment

Alright, I've noticed this after playing in regular matches...

Sniping, with the M40.

Perks:

Bandolier
                    Stopping Power
                    Deep Impact

I can scope and kill a target, anywhere on the body, 95% of the time with one shot. There are rare occasions where it will take two shots to kill an enemy even when they aren't using juggernaut.

No-Scoping, I hit a target anywhere on the body, and it only kills them maybe 5% of the time at best. Any distance. What is the reasoning for this, can anybody explain?
                    filter your searches to only dedicated server
                    Bullet registration is perfect 1 shot kills all the time :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by groundedzero View Post
                      i mean, it kills pure logic, just because ur scoped doesnt make it any more accurate than unscoped (IMO)
                      The whole point of games that use ironsights/scopes is that when you're in that mode, your shot is very accurate. This encourages you to use ironsights/scopes.

When you shoot from the hip, using regular crosshairs, there is a randomness built in so that your shots aren't as accurate, and you only use it for close-in or emergencies.

It makes perfect sense for accuracy reasons. However, the damage thing for sniper rifles is a bit strange/interesting. Even though some may not want to hear it, it likely is for balance to discourage unscoped sniper rifles, since they are already so powerful. Other games may allow it, but that doesn't mean the weapon isn't overpowered on those games.

I almost never snipe, so I'll ask this to those who do it a lot...even when prone and not moving, there is a large "gap" in the regular unscoped crosshairs. When you talk about no-scope shooting, how are you able to be accurate? Are we talking a dot on the middle of your screen; are you just able to naturally shoot in the middle of that "gap" in the crosshairs; or is there some sort of trick I'm not aware of?

I've seen some no-scope shots on vids from other games, but most of them have much smaller/tighter unscoped crosshairs.

Comment

I just know where the middle of my screen is... I do the same in CS.

Comment

I watched the CS vids you posted in the other thread. The crosshairs in that game are tiny, and very close together. It's pretty impressive if you guys are doing that with the (relatively) large gap in the COD4 crosshairs.

Comment

No, it can literally go anywhere Whiskey... it's a bit too wide in my opinion.

In CSS you could change your crosshairs to a tiny scale to be extremely accurate, and even without a crosshair (scouting for example) you could still be very accurate.

CoD4 sniping, prone and even with steady aim, the crosshairs are pretty wide - which I don't understand. Maybe rather than giving the snipers crosshairs, they could make the no scoping more accurate and remove the crosshairs? It would make more sense.

There is no "knowing where the center of your screen is" in CoD4 - at least for sniping, because the amount of randomness in the shot is extraordinary (This is coming from a die-hard sniper)

Comment

Maybe rather than giving the snipers crosshairs, they could make the no scoping more accurate and remove the crosshairs?
                              But without the crosshairs, how could you know where your shot will go? Hmm, maybe I don't really understand what "no-scoping" is. Could you describe what you're doing?

Comment

Working...
                              X