Civilians in CoH?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilians in CoH?

Would you like to see civilians in a future CoH expansion? This could be historically correct since for example Berlin was full of civilians in late WW2 since Hitler refused to evacuate them, claiming they had failed him.

Anyways I think it could be cool if you had for example trains going across on all the different railways in the game. Also it would be really cool if there were civilians in a town when you arrive to it since this could sometimes be the case when Americans came to liberate the cities in Normandie. Perhaps having humans running around would be a bit horrible considering the realism of peoples suffering in CoH. But cars, trains and perhaps boats etc would be cool to have.

Perhaps they would be in the way sometimes but if for example a train came from off-map and a crater had been created where the railway was going, it would derail in the middle of the map. I think this would be a cool way of adding to the interactiveness of the games map. What do you think?

I remember CnC Generals where the civilians ran across everything at the beginning of the missions. I think the point is that they're all in their houses when battles start.

Comment

Well I think they mostly abandoned settlements when one occupational force was on its way there. I mean I believe mostly towns were empty when there was fighting in them but of course there were exceptions.

Comment

And they fled to, for example, farms and so on outside the area of fighting?
        I know what you mean by your hole idea. To bring more life into the maps, train-convoys would be a good idea though.
        Maybe the resistance and other third forces could be implemented to the maps as well.

Comment

Yes resistance would be awesome! Hadn't thought of that.... Also if you would be able to use civilians for spying or something could be interesting.

Comment

Maybe to get to know if enemies are near, by getting hints of the civilians.

Comment

yes exactly... And things like that.

Comment

i want to see that in COH2

i keep thinking a train in a game is a novelty obstacle. train from TF2 or halo 2 running players over XD

Comment

I really like the idea, maybe you get a little extra fuel for evacuating civilians rather getting the canadians to flatten their houses with arty?

Comment

Or more manpower in the form of militia and volunteers.

Comment

Originally posted by AeroTow View Post
                      canadians to flatten their houses with arty?
                      +1

Comment

Yes exactly! Would be awesome to organize a militia once you saved enough men. Or have mobs cutting the hair of the women who slept with Nazis! No but seriously it would be awesome to get rewarded for saving civilians and protecting certain things. Also there could be a city hall or something on some maps where you would get more information about the map.

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

Re: Civilians in CoH?

LOL OWNED

Comment

Re: Civilians in CoH?

LOL OWNED

Comment

Working...
                              X