Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who got the war college ribbon the hard way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who got the war college ribbon the hard way?

Meaning before they change the requirments for the ribbon.

Also this is a question for all the stats/awards/badges/ribbon hoes like myself lol and before this turns into an argument about stats those that dont like stats need not even reply to this thread please. So my question is what do you consider the hardest award/badge/ribbon to get or to have gotten.

I would have to say the expert explosive ordinance badge for myself and I still haven't gotten it yet.

If your a good player, the purple heart, because no one wants to do badly to get it

Comment

I remember trying to get the Basic explosive ordinance badge so I could have all the badges. (This was difficult because this was before IO karkand). Well I was about to give up on it then I discovered Jihad Jeeping and mastered using it on karkand in the congested areas and I got my veterans explosives in one round..

Comment

Expert knife, before K/P servers.

Comment

I still think expert explosives is hard.

Comment

I got it the hard way. took me 3 months of careful planning and playing to get it. There are a couple old threads around here somewhere detailing how I did it.. Hmm the hardest? probably expert repair, first aid, and explosives in that order.
            "Crunch's First Officer"
            twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by signa View Post
              I got it the hard way. took me 3 months of careful planning and playing to get it. There are a couple old threads around here somewhere detailing how I did it.. Hmm the hardest? probably expert repair, first aid, and explosives in that order.

Oh yea I forgot about the expert repair and first aid.

Comment

The thing that makes getting the expert explosives hard is that you need 30 kills with the explosives yet even on a 64 player map that would decrease the enemies tickets by 30 total which is 10%, thus making the round shorter. High points server dont help here as well since it will take longer for people to fall into your traps.

I have gotten many kills with C4 so ill share my tactics.

1. Think like your enemy, If your on IO karkand its safe to assume that the people are point whoring medics so if you see a dead guy on the other team odds are people from his team are going to rush out there wielding shock paddles in a mad dash to get the 2 points with no regards to the objectives of their team, they are usually less observant and easy targets.

2. Go on Karkand IO (FF Off preferred) there will be alot of congestions at the begging and with FF off you can run into a crowd and blow up your stuff without giving them a chance to get out of range. The map is also good because when you run out into enemy territory alot of them are either trying to throw grenades or are focused on defending one spot allowing you to get to them before they can pull out their gun and hit you.

3. When you see a dead guy in the mesh zone (Name I give to the area where the MEC and the USMC meet south of the hotel.) throw a C4 pack into his corpse that way when a medic comes and revives him you can get the medic and the guy he revived for an easy 2 points. This works great as the enemy has no way of seeing the C4.

4. Throw C4 around corners as their is alot of congestion around the mesh points odds are good that even a crazy shot will hit some one.

5. Be an ***-hat. Don't worry about the morality or the ethics of this, your on IO karkand nobody cares about a fair fight. Bunny hop, chuck C4, kid nap a guy on the other team by methods of step 3, anything. Your not going to get 30 kills by being nice.

Comment

Already posted but the hardest are:

1. Expert repair
                  2. war college and Expert tank (this just takes too long)

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFalcon View Post
                    The thing that makes getting the expert explosives hard is that you need 30 kills with the explosives yet even on a 64 player map that would decrease the enemies tickets by 30 total which is 10%, thus making the round shorter. High points server dont help here as well since it will take longer for people to fall into your traps.

I have gotten many kills with C4 so ill share my tactics.

1. Think like your enemy, If your on IO karkand its safe to assume that the people are point whoring medics so if you see a dead guy on the other team odds are people from his team are going to rush out there wielding shock paddles in a mad dash to get the 2 points with no regards to the objectives of their team, they are usually less observant and easy targets.

2. Go on Karkand IO (FF Off preferred) there will be alot of congestions at the begging and with FF off you can run into a crowd and blow up your stuff without giving them a chance to get out of range. The map is also good because when you run out into enemy territory alot of them are either trying to throw grenades or are focused on defending one spot allowing you to get to them before they can pull out their gun and hit you.

3. When you see a dead guy in the mesh zone (Name I give to the area where the MEC and the USMC meet south of the hotel.) throw a C4 pack into his corpse that way when a medic comes and revives him you can get the medic and the guy he revived for an easy 2 points. This works great as the enemy has no way of seeing the C4.

4. Throw C4 around corners as their is alot of congestion around the mesh points odds are good that even a crazy shot will hit some one.

5. Be an ***-hat. Don't worry about the morality or the ethics of this, your on IO karkand nobody cares about a fair fight. Bunny hop, chuck C4, kid nap a guy on the other team by methods of step 3, anything. Your not going to get 30 kills by being nice.
                    Some great tips there. Will have to try that out.

Comment

Battlefield etiquette does not exist

Comment

id say the good conduct medal because it is measured by time. Much rather do 30 c4 kills than 250 hours lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
                          Battlefield etiquette does not exist
                          :laugh:

hardest for me was expert repair

Comment

I gave up on the Repair awards. It just takes way too long for your wrench to give you points... f*ck it.

Comment

Hmmm...the hardest?

Explosives ...I don't even have Veteran on that.

Sharpshooter was fun, but not easy.

Good Conduct?? ...nooo, I have seven of those.

LOL, Alex ...I don't have a Purple Heart, and had better not ever get one either. :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X