An all out German Campaign?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An all out German Campaign?

Playing as Germans in a WW2 game is always highest on the wish list but lowest on the morals list. In CoH:OF however there is a German campaign, also the statistics in this poll speak for themselves.

I would love to play a German campaign in CoH where you can be German from the start! A campaign where you invade Poland and in the end get to meet up with the Russians. Then another Campaign where you take France and push the allied troops off the French mainland. A third campaign where you invade Russia and a fourth where you get to experience the retreat to Berlin. I really think this would be amazing o play since the Germans were the great conquerors of our time.

However it always comes down to the Nazi questions doesn't it? just because I want to play a German campaign and conquer Europe doesn't mean that I want to play levels where you kill Jews or harass civilians. Its just the conquering part I'm interested in. What are your thoughts people?

Originally posted by Idaeus View Post

I would love to play a German campaign in CoH where you can be German from the start! A campaign where you invade Poland and in the end get to meet up with the Russians.
    They could probably do that with the Russian expansion pack.

Comment

And suddenly a post from aero out of nowhere! Nice to see you as usual mate!

Yes I really hope they will let you play as Germany then, Stalingrad could be cool fighting in a completely wiped out city. Since Stalin refused to let the city with his name on it fall, he just kept pumping troops in there, in the end they were fighting in the sewers because there was nowhere to make a camp at on the surface with enough cover.

Comment

that's a good idea. so you are actually winning. i would of hated to be the germans and then lose at the end

Comment

Well yes... You are kind of doomed to loose at the end if you play as Germany in a game unless its unhistorical. If they chose a non-historical approach I would love to invade England playing as Germany! But tbh I would prefer a realistic game story...

Comment

but keep it at the beginning of WWII before the allied soldiers land so we can pretend we won ^_^

Comment

Lols! Nein! In the end there should be a German invasion of Australia!

Comment

An all out German campaign would be very difficult, because in the later years they had very few victories so you would be retreating after most missions. That is why relic chose Operation Market Garden for their PE campaign, because the Germans came out victorious.

Comment

Yes good point but many victories were made by the Germans in the beginning of WW2. Also they did have a lot of victories against the allies after D-Day but western historians don't usually like to speak about that..

Comment

Lols! Nein! In the end there should be a German invasion of Australia!
                    aww nuts

Comment

Didn't the Australians invade Turkey however? I have a teacher from New Zealand who's always going on about that with another Turkish teacher.

Comment

I think the more pressing issue is why the scots engineers arnt equipped with haggis :laugh:

Comment

Didn't the Australians invade Turkey however? I have a teacher from New Zealand who's always going on about that with another Turkish teacher.
                          lol, fight fight fight!
                          i only recall having conflict with them in WWI though. the battle of Gallipoli from the ANZACs (Australian and New Zealand Army Corps). that day was so significant its been made into a public holiday.

Originally posted by AeroTow View Post
                          I think the more pressing issue is why the scots engineers arnt equipped with haggis :laugh:
                          hehe XD

Comment

Fire ze haggis!

Comment

haggis FTW!

aww man, good times

we need a haggis mod

Comment

Working...
                              X