Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assault Pod /rant

Hey,

I like to go on titan servers. And just ferry around troops. Not even earning points but making sure our time wins. But the gunship pilots are usually not so smart and consider APCs, FAVs, and tanks to be more of a thread then other gunships. Making them get shot down, then the gunships proceed to killing me. But I bail before I die (around 10 health points left). So I "Eject" out in a pod that goes straight and I can't control. Then I land on the ground and the stupid transport crushes me.

I am so mad I wish I could hit something. Everytime I bail, the transport crushes me. Who was the drunk stupid idiot who made pods un manueverable?!!!

What are your guys' thoughts on this? I don't know about you but I'm sick of dying that way.

One of the many reasons why I avoid getting into a transport like the plague :P

They ruined them, absolutely ruined them.

Comment

Tilt the nose far up or down so the transport will fly the opposite direction of the direction you're podding to.

Comment

The patch said there would still be some movemnt to the pods but I have yet to figure out how to make them do anything but go straight down.

- Further fix to prevent "pod surfing". Note that some pod movement will still be possible and is an intended gameplay mechanic to allow the player to have some small choice of landing site and to access rooftops
        :shakehead

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
          Tilt the nose far up or down so the transport will fly the opposite direction of the direction you're podding to.
          there you go.

Comment

or have it roll so it will keep rolling

Comment

The reason they limited pod movement is from all the tweakers who ran their pods all over the map using funk. So they basically fixed one problem and created a few small problems. Sorry you get crushed, but its much better than how things were before.

Comment

Originally posted by SpLiTz View Post
                The reason they limited pod movement is from all the tweakers who ran their pods all over the map using funk. So they basically fixed one problem and created a few small problems. Sorry you get crushed, but its much better than how things were before.
                lol? Pod surfing from a beacon/transport was extremely limited. You could only stay airborne for however long it takes you to hit the ground.

Nowadays because they removed surfing from beacons/transports, people APC surf. With this new type of surfing, they can stay airborne for entire rounds and are un-killable. TBH, things were MUCH better before then they are now.

Comment

I tilt it foward, I'm smart enough to figure that out FFS. But it still keeps crishing me. Anyway it's annoying. And in all the time I've been playing I've only seen 2 pod surfers. One on camp gibraltar from a beacon above ruins. The other not so long ago AFTER the stupid patch. He surfed outa our titan.

Comment

I agree, you should be able to maneuver the pod from the transport.

Comment

yes i agree they made the transport pods completely worthless, and pod surfing is just as big a problem, if not more of a problem now, than it was.

the patch also added a bunch of other bugs and fixed absolutely nothing.

Comment

Or just do what i do when im on fire fly as high as possible and bail when it shows 2 hp left, the plane explodes 1 second after you bail and causing it to fall harder.

Comment

Working...
                        X