How many here game on a laptop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many here game on a laptop?

You are considered weird in the gaming community if you game on a laptop, but how many do?

I just can't do it. I tried and it just feels uncomfortable like somethings missing. Plus I need a full size responsive keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by GunHappyBob View Post
      I just can't do it. I tried and it just feels uncomfortable like somethings missing. Plus I need a full size responsive keyboard.
      I have a 17" monitor and a gaming pad and a gaming mouse, I couldn't do with any smaller screen.

Comment

I do, on a 19" widescreen with a full keyboard (with the number pads etc.)

I am happy with it...

Comment

I have one that my company bought me, specially requested from the Computer guys specs that would run the game.

But, at home I hook it up to a 22" widescreen and I have the Fang Gamepad that I use instead of the keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Skates View Post
            I have one that my company bought me, specially requested from the Computer guys specs that would run the game.

But, at home I hook it up to a 22" widescreen and I have the Fang Gamepad that I use instead of the keyboard.
            What are the specs and how well does it work on the wide screen?

Comment

Originally posted by vika09 View Post
              I do, on a 19" widescreen with a full keyboard (with the number pads etc.)

I am happy with it...
              I know the answer is probably no, but is it as good as a standard comp playing 2142?

Comment

Yes, on an Alienware AMLX - works well although the thing does get bloody hot with twin graphics

Comment

Thats so sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by whitecap_uk View Post
                    Yes, on an Alienware AMLX - works well although the thing does get bloody hot with twin graphics
                    sounds like you need one of those laptop coolers for it.

Comment

^^^
                      they have them now, lol they are catching up to pc's, though we will always be supreme.

Comment

I game on a MacBook Pro. CoD4 on about medium-high settings and BF2142 on high-max settings. Usually when I'm in my dorm, I have an external 21" that I game on. When I'm home during breaks, I game on the 15" screen which I actually prefer.

Comment

Originally posted by FURRY BIRD View Post
                          What are the specs and how well does it work on the wide screen?

Intel 2 core 2.00GHz
                          2GB Ram
                          ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1600 128MB RAM

1024x768
                          Terrain - Med
                          Effects - Med
                          Geometry - High
                          Texture - Med
                          Lighting - Low (Soldiers how up better against the buildings.)
                          Dynamic Shadows - Off (Used to have these on but with multiple orbies and an EMP it would drop my FPS into the teens.)
                          Dynamic Lighting - Off
                          AA - Off
                          Texture Filtering - High
                          View Distance - 100% (Do whatever you have to so that you can run this at 100%)

I usually run around 40FPS with those settings.

Can you Run It

Comment

Originally posted by Skates View Post
                            Intel 2 core 2.00GHz
                            2GB Ram
                            ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1600 128MB RAM

1024x768
                            Terrain - Med
                            Effects - Med
                            Geometry - High
                            Texture - Med
                            Lighting - Low (Soldiers how up better against the buildings.)
                            Dynamic Shadows - Off (Used to have these on but with multiple orbies and an EMP it would drop my FPS into the teens.)
                            Dynamic Lighting - Off
                            AA - Off
                            Texture Filtering - High
                            View Distance - 100% (Do whatever you have to so that you can run this at 100%)

I usually run around 40FPS with those settings.

Can you Run It
                            Are you running XP or Vista?

Comment

i do, and im really happy with it because i can always play if i have a free period in school or something... as long as no one else is using the wifi (which never happens)....
                              ya, the keyboard is whack, but rebinded the keys in BF2142 to conform to my hands. actually, i like it more because i absolutely have to use the arrow keys to move (not AWSD) and the keys are all really close to my hand, so everything is fast.

even though the performance isnt so good (but i do have a really good laptop, beating most of the XPS laptops out there and for less that $900. check my xfire page (hooahguy14) for my system specs. theyre very good for the price!
                              IMO, laptops are better for casual gaming, since you can do it everywhere!

Comment

Working...
                              X