Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battlerecorder retention of files on server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlerecorder retention of files on server?

Guys,

Is there a general 'rule-of-thumb' of how long a battlerecorder file should stay on the server? I keep forgetting to download the good ones and only remember like a week later, by which time the file can't be found.

Is the server default something like a day before it gets deleted? Or can it vary wildly from server to server?

Cheers.

On Monkey Gamers we keep the battle recorder files for 24 hours it just takes up too much space to keep it any longer. Most servers do the same so basically you have to download them after you stop playing.

Comment

speaking of battle recordings, how do you access it after the match?

Comment

it depends on the server setting for how long the files stay around. Most servers are setup so it only keeps 30 or so rounds to cut down on file size. Once it reaches the maximum number it overwrites the old files with new ones.

Goto the Community tab to download battlerecorder files from servers you have visited.

Does anyone know how to clear out the file listing? I have about 10 million links in my history and its very annoying to have to go all the way to the bottom of the list for the newest files. I have been trying to clear out the old links by deleting them, but i have so many that it could take a couple of hours to manually delete them.

Comment

Cheers guys. I'll make sure I'll nab the good ones straight away in future!

Comment

Originally posted by Killerus View Post
            Does anyone know how to clear out the file listing? I have about 10 million links in my history and its very annoying to have to go all the way to the bottom of the list for the newest files. I have been trying to clear out the old links by deleting them, but i have so many that it could take a couple of hours to manually delete them.
            It's easy. When your game is NOT running, go to My Documents / Battlefield2142 / Profiles / (Whichever one you use, 0001-0004) / Demo Bookmarks. Just clear that out and then start up your game. They are listed in that file from oldest to newest so you can always just delete some and keep the others too.

As others have said, it depends on how they have it set up. We have ours hosted on the same server that our website is one, separate from our BF2142 Servers. It has a HUGE amount of space so we actually save 2-3 months of files. (Also handy for when that player comes back a month later saying they were banned for "no reason at all")

Comment

Working...
            X