MP crashes on start up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP crashes on start up

so after vista SP1 installed, MP keeps crashing every time I load it up.

I know about this problem, but I thought it was just a bug that was fixed in the earlier patches. I've never had this before except for now. The only way I can load MP is when I put my headphones in the mic jack.

Would a complete reinstall of cod4 and patches help or am I stuck with this until they fix it in a patch?

Try some searches (or maybe if someone knows for sure they will post) but as far as I remember, this issue hasn't been fixed yet. The headphone/mic jack solution might be the only one right now.

I wouldn't spend time re-installing/patching until you know more.

Comment

I don't think reinstalling Call of Duty 4 will work, but seeing how it's patches around 400MB, it wouldn't hurt to try for the hell of it. Use the backup program to backup your COD4 profile and you'll be all set so you don't need to start from scratch.

This is the reason I formatted my Vista and went back to XP SP2. Vista just doesn't seem to like games, so it was too much of a hassle for me to care to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralPatton
        it's patches around 400MB
        I think v1.4 (contains 1.1-1.3) and v1.5 together are 70MB and 10MB respectively.

Comment

lol whoops. I meant to say "But seeing how its patches aren't 400Mb"

hehe Look, I even wrote "its" wrong. I put the ' in there meaning it is which doesn't make any sense either. Silly me... /fail

Nice catch ^_^

Comment

This should also be in the Support section.

Comment

I'm gonna re-install it tomorrow if I have time. I'll post the results here

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
                This should also be in the Support section.
                Stop making me look bad. It's after midnight, I am tired!:cry:

Topic Moved to Support Section with a 1 Day Redirect

Comment

after I turned my computer on this morning the crashing stopped and everything works fine again. looks like I don't have to reinstall...

Comment

Working...
                  X