Dislpay And Monitor. Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dislpay And Monitor. Q

Hey I just wanted to know what was ( in the options ( Video ) the xxHz?? i.e.I Run my BF2142 at 1024x768@85Hz. 85 is my max, i know i could go lower but it run fine at 85... I also saw that in one of my friends CPU he could go up to 120Hz but what dose that change? I actually have a 17" flat screen, should i put the display at a hight res? But if i do my 85Hz will go down to 72Hz, is that good or bad? And i also was looking forward to buy a new flat LCD screen prolly 21".
    Any suggestions?

Thank you.
    Wd-

Refresh rate really makes no difference with LCDs, and do go above what the monitor can handle (it should say so on the box how high it can go), it'll damage the monitor.

Comment

If you have a CRT monitor then the higher refresh rate the better - the display looks less flickery the higher you go.

Makes no difference on an LCD. They have good stable images always and usualy run at 60hz. You can't change the refresh rate on an LCD so if you select the wrong one you'll most likely just get a blank screen and monitor going to stanby.

Comment

Hum so i guess getting a LCD isint a big chance except for the space my CTR takes :|: But is there a difference with CRT and LCD for gaming?
        Thank you for the clarification on the xxHz.

Comment

With LCD's the response time is important.
          If you get an LCD with a high response time the game movements will appear blurry compared to a CRT.
          I switched from a 19" crt to a 19" 2ms LCD and all was good, I wouldn't go any higher than 5ms.
          Other factors to consider are:
          Contrast ratio - higher the better
          Max resolution - higher the better
          Viewing angle - wider the better
          16.7 Million Colours - no less
          DVI input - if your gfx card supports it

My Samsung SM226BW 22" 2ms Widescreen LCD is in the post :yay:

Comment

Originally posted by Natt View Post
            With LCD's the response time is important.
            If you get an LCD with a high response time the game movements will appear blurry compared to a CRT.
            I switched from a 19" crt to a 19" 2ms LCD and all was good, I wouldn't go any higher than 5ms.
            Other factors to consider are:
            Contrast ratio - higher the better
            Max resolution - higher the better
            Viewing angle - wider the better
            16.7 Million Colours - no less
            DVI input - if your gfx card supports it

My Samsung SM226BW 22" 2ms Widescreen LCD is in the post :yay:
            oh.. cool, thx for the interesting information!

Comment

Working...
            X