How do i load custom maps ?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i load custom maps ?!?!?

I been trying to figure this out. Please explain it step by step to me.

In which way? Do you have a server by a game provider?
    If so...

1) Create a folder in your server's directory called "usermaps", the same area you see "Mods, Main, PB"..etc

1a) Create the map name as a folder in usermaps folder.
    EXAMPLE: /cod4/usermaps/mp_sharqi_day/

2) In the Map Folder (mp_sharqi_day for example), put the mp_sharqi_day.ff and the load_mp_sharqi_day.ff

3) In your Mods folder, go into the sub-folder of whichever mod you are going to use on your server (IE: Ace, Awe, ModWarfare...etc). In that folder you will have all your config files, your .iwd file for the mod...etc. Put the .iwd file that came with the map into that folder with all those other files.

3a) Make sure you have your server running that mod. So in the startup command for example, you'd have +set fs_game Mods/ace if your running a mod called "ace".

4) Redirect! Make sure your redirect is enabled! Mine looks like this:
    //***********Download Settings**************
    set sv_allowdownload "1"
    seta sv_wwwDownload "1"
    seta sv_wwwBaseURL "http://www.claneot.com/cod4"
    seta sv_wwwDlDisconnected "0"

in the seta sv_wwwBaseURL "http://" put your website where the files can be found. To do this, go into now the FTP of your website.

In the public_html main folder, create a folder called cod4 (or whatever, doesn't matter the name) then in that folder, create two folders called "usermaps" and "mods". Install the same in those as you did on your server.

Save your config, restart the server and you're all set (Make sure map rotation is running the custom maps you installed).

-----------------------------------------------

To install on your main desktop so you don't need to wait for it to download in game, do the same thing.
    C:/Program Files/Activision/Call of Duty 4/ (Example)
    in there, find or create the usermaps folder and repeat as you did with the server and web host. Find the mods folder, go into it, create a folder named the same as the mod on your website if it's not there already and put the .iwd file in that.

Now, you have the map on your Server, your Web Host and your Computer.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralPatton View Post
      In which way? Do you have a server by a game provider?
      If so...

1) Create a folder in your server's directory called "usermaps", the same area you see "Mods, Main, PB"..etc

1a) Create the map name as a folder in usermaps folder.
      EXAMPLE: /cod4/usermaps/mp_sharqi_day/

2) In the Map Folder (mp_sharqi_day for example), put the mp_sharqi_day.ff and the load_mp_sharqi_day.ff

3) In your Mods folder, go into the sub-folder of whichever mod you are going to use on your server (IE: Ace, Awe, ModWarfare...etc). In that folder you will have all your config files, your .iwd file for the mod...etc. Put the .iwd file that came with the map into that folder with all those other files.

3a) Make sure you have your server running that mod. So in the startup command for example, you'd have +set fs_game Mods/ace if your running a mod called "ace".

4) Redirect! Make sure your redirect is enabled! Mine looks like this:
      //***********Download Settings**************
      set sv_allowdownload "1"
      seta sv_wwwDownload "1"
      seta sv_wwwBaseURL "http://www.claneot.com/cod4"
      seta sv_wwwDlDisconnected "0"

in the seta sv_wwwBaseURL "http://" put your website where the files can be found. To do this, go into now the FTP of your website.

In the public_html main folder, create a folder called cod4 (or whatever, doesn't matter the name) then in that folder, create two folders called "usermaps" and "mods". Install the same in those as you did on your server.

Save your config, restart the server and you're all set (Make sure map rotation is running the custom maps you installed).

-----------------------------------------------

To install on your main desktop so you don't need to wait for it to download in game, do the same thing.
      C:/Program Files/Activision/Call of Duty 4/ (Example)
      in there, find or create the usermaps folder and repeat as you did with the server and web host. Find the mods folder, go into it, create a folder named the same as the mod on your website if it's not there already and put the .iwd file in that.

Now, you have the map on your Server, your Web Host and your Computer.

I dont want to run a server i just want to play new maps :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by Indecisi0n View Post
        I dont want to run a server i just want to play new maps :cry:
        If you join a custom map server, and you have "Downloads Enabled" in your options, you will automatically download and install the map from the server, and you can join the battle.

If you're talking about how to run custom maps on your own PC, here's how to do it, for most custom maps:

1) Download the map from a website (eg. here at totalgamingnetwork - see the links in the Map News section)

2) Extract the contents of the .zip or .rar file onto your desktop...this will either give you a folder called mp_[name of map] or it will put 3 separate files on your desktop.
        - a) if it puts a folder on your desktop, go into that folder and make sure there isn't a sub-folder inside of it with the same name. If there is, you need the inner folder.
        - b) if it puts 3 files on your desktop (1 _.ff file, 1 _load.ff file, 1 _.iwd file), then you need to create a folder on your desktop with the same name as the map files have (ie. the "mp_[name of map]" part)

3) Once you have these files/folders sorted out, you need to copy/paste this folder into your ...\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\usermaps\ folder

4) Start up COD4.

5) From the Main Menu, click on Mods, then launch ModWarfare

6) once this loads, press ~ to activate the console (you need to have this enabled in the Options), then type in:
        /map mp_[name of map]
        and hit Enter (ie. /map mp_backlot_2)

*7) there are a few custom maps that seem to require that ONLY the _.iwd file itself not be located in the usual folder inside of usermaps. These maps were made to work with certain mods (eg. AWE, ACE, +extreme, etc). In these special cases, the _.iwd file itself needs to be in the ..\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\Mods\[mod name] folder. The other two _.ff files stay in usermaps.
        - in this case, instead of launching ModWarfare, the player would launch the specific mod, and then use the same steps to activate the map.

Comment

how do i "... join a custom map server"

Comment

When looking for a server, if you go to your server Filter and click the Mods setting to Yes, then Refresh the list, and it will load all the custom servers.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefarious View Post
              When looking for a server, if you go to your server Filter and click the Mods setting to Yes, then Refresh the list, and it will load all the custom servers.

thats what i need thank you !! :salute:

Comment

Also try to see if it says "Custom Maps" in the server name. Some servers just run mods but stock maps.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralPatton View Post
                  Also try to see if it says "Custom Maps" in the server name. Some servers just run mods but stock maps.
                  Is there a way i can just download all mod maps so when i change maps i dont have to download it and wait ?

Comment

Theres hundreds of custom maps out there.. it'd take you days..not worth it

Comment

K thanks for all the help guys.

Comment

Custom Maps on a home LAN server

I have a LAN party almost every Saturday. How do I set up a server for a LAN?
                        Do you have any insight as to why Cod4 does it this way vs simply dropping an .iwd map file into the main folder ala COD2?

Comment

Working...
                        X