Players lacking basic common sense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players lacking basic common sense?

Give me strength. On more than one occasion today, I was screaming at the screen for people on my own side to simply wake up.

If I run down a titan corridor, go around the corner and I'm killed "Unzen (Lambert Carbine), etc, etc" - the VERY least you would expect the team-mate behind me to do is to immediately show some caution. Not so with some of these tools - running straight after me - and into the fire of Mr. Enemy Lambert.

Another one today. I was sat in an APC capturing a flag on Sidi when a squad member nabbed the nearby walker. Great - some backup. Now I'm panning around, looking for threats when I see the inbound enemy transport. Call it up and fire off an EMP round. Hits the transport and he glides down to about 50ft behind the walker - by which time its occupants are fanning out in all directions. Mr. Walker pilot is stood between me and the crash-landed transport - seemingly fingering his own hoop. Two calls for the transport being spotted do nothing, until someone finally with some cranial matter - decides to mortar the transport from the secondary APC position.

We are not trained special-forces. None of us have probably taken an SAS training course. But FFS - show some intelligence people!

On a lighter note - I jumped in half-way through a Shuhia titan round and our shield had just gone down. Immediately spawning onto our titan, I took up position on the titan AA turrets and brought down their transport. Then their gunship. Then their transport again. Then the gunship again. Each time, they flew in from the same vector - with the transport being worse as they were firing their machine guns first? "We're here - over here! Hey - aim this way!!!"

Needless to say, I finished the turkey-shoot round on 19-0, in turn gaining an air ribbon and clear skies pin. It was almost comedy.

i know exactly how you feel. It does seem that alot of people are completely clueless to their surroundings. My favorite is commanding and spotting the enemy gunship, only to have our gunship pilot completely ignore the spots and get killed over and over.

Comment

For some reason some people can't use their mind it seems. Even brig gens won't revive me when the rest of my team is dead and we're capping a flag... Only for him to get knifed.

But if you find a good squad you won't see many of these dumb*****.

Some people excel though - I was sitting in the titan's aerial guns and this guy were constantly trying to board our titan with a transport even though he could have just easily podded over. I killed him like 15 times in a row and when the round was over he had -2 points, 0 kills and 38 deaths. I don't know what was wrong with that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by -UtC- Iquere « View Post
        For some reason some people can't use their mind it seems. Even brig gens won't revive me when the rest of my team is dead and we're capping a flag... Only for him to get knifed.

Some people excel though - I was sitting in the titan's aerial guns and this guy were constantly trying to board our titan with a transport even though he could have just easily podded over. I killed him like 15 times in a row and when the round was over he had -2 points, 0 kills and 38 deaths. I don't know what was wrong with that guy.
        LOL! That's exactly what I mean. Do these people write their name on their own foreheads so that they remember when they look in the mirror in the morning?

Comment

Originally posted by -UtC- Iquere « View Post

PEAPLE USEING SCAR AND KRYLOV AS GEN REVIVE PEAPLE AS GEN USEING VOSS OMFG THEY STAND AROUND LIKE this

"omfg i need kills vossed u ***** voss u aswell mofo o look guy on the floor i got 2 of em having a nice 15 seconds looking at the ssky?

Comment

"I need a medic!"

"I need a medic!"

"I need a medic!"

*pew pew pew* (You were punished for a teamkill!)

^my life story. I HATE assault players who just stand there looking at you when you are literally SCREAMING in their face for some healing... You don't deserve to hold that medical, I will shoot you in the face and take it for myself. And no, I will not revive you afterwards.

Comment

Tell me about it~!
              I totally hate being on a team where no one strives for the win. I admit it, I like winning a game, no matter the cost (K/D). On CG the way to win is holding Control Points, especially being PAC. Yet most of the time when I don't play with buddies, my team seems to completely lack knowledge about this? Often enough I find myself trying to cap a Control Point and fighting off wave after wave of enemy troops - sometimes successful, most of the time not. If just one or two people out of 25 would actually grow some balls and do the manly-gameplay it would be much easier to get the win.

Comment

the thing that pisses me off is not the clueless people, it's the ones who do selfish things on purpose.
                • The soldier who doesn't revive so they can get a point capturing a flag
                • The pilot that bails from the transport because they want to get the silo themselves
                • The guy who jumps in the jeeps driver seat when your using it as a stationary turret and then drives it into the nearest group of mines
                • The tool that takes your vehicle just as you finish repairing it
                • The mong that constantly revives you in the line of enemy fire whilst they are sat around the corner safe from harm
                • The support engineer that wants to keep all their ammo for themselves
                • The soldier that likes to take their time picking a landing site whilst sat in the titan pod chamber, say a whole round!? (oki so they're getting assists but it's still not cool)
                • The squad leader that invites you to their team but then doesn't give orders even though the whole squad is spamming "Orders Sir?"
                • The commander who's first command is to move the titan directly over a silo and leave it there, oki so it's not selfish but it is annoying!

argh! now I'm fuming!

Comment

The soldier who doesn't revive so they can get a point capturing a flag
                  I thought everyone gets a point, only the first to arrive at the flag gets two.

Comment

Get it all the time, mostly in titan, first of all, I come with a whole squad on their titan, while I clear the halls of RDX, they can do nothing but whatch someone sneak up behind me. It really is every man for himself, and defenders are like headless chickens running around a titan. How do you loose a reactor room with 4 people minimum, You dont loose reactor rooms, just yesterday, I went down there myself and cleared 7 people out solo, defense is very easy if you have a brain.

Comment

yup, hate it looking at the sky for 15 seconds while you see 12 ****s with baurs and vosses running over your bode, like it's not there.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoster View Post
                        Get it all the time, mostly in titan, first of all, I come with a whole squad on their titan, while I clear the halls of RDX, they can do nothing but whatch someone sneak up behind me. It really is every man for himself, and defenders are like headless chickens running around a titan. How do you loose a reactor room with 4 people minimum, You dont loose reactor rooms, just yesterday, I went down there myself and cleared 7 people out solo, defense is very easy if you have a brain.
                        Similarly, when I see an enemy sneak up on one of my guys - and try like mad just to hit the enemy and not my own man. Sometimes I fail, but I CAN'T STAND the instant punish. Tell you what, I'll just let him take your dog-tag next time, eh?

Talking of instana-punishes - I podded onto the enemy titan today, via the SL's beacon. Probably no more than 50ft in game terms from the upper deck, my own gunship passes between my falling pod and the titan deck. Boom - TK - 0.0000000000000002 seconds later 'You were punished for the team kill'. Like I had a choice, you complete and utter wan**r.

It annoys me beyond contempt when people don't think.

Comment

today i had a team who wondered why they lost. well
                          first: they never capped a flag
                          second: they got killed all by one soldier leaving me to kill 10 people.
                          third: they never revived
                          fourth: they all kept spawning on a camped beacoun(and the sl was stupid enough to replace it at exactly the same spot). so they got high killstreaks
                          fith they were all being ego if they were living. noone gave health or munition. the round before all was going well. i was then sl and there were other guys on my team. when i joined we were 100 tickets behind them and only had one flag. i managed to recap and get back 150 tickets. then the round was over: 31-0 for us. but my entire squad left the server because of the other four guys who tked us over a douzen times.

Comment

got some stories there in which i am the first witness and where the lack of common sense had irremediable impact on the rest of the game:

was playing engie on gibraltar laying down mines at toll, but a fav rushed through before i had time to cover the second entrance. so i ran after it followed by a medic, the badies were going for central camp. the medic goes into the fight first and gets killed at the top of the stairs, i pop out my head and managed to get one but the second was hiding behind a crate. by this time the flag was neutral and i knew i couldn't take care of the situation on my own so i decided to swap kits and revive the medic only to realize this idiot had the shotgun and pk unlocks. i just stared at my screen my mouth wide open and in the meantime got myself shot as well. pac capped the flag as well as the two other back ones... was a quick lost round.

was playing engie (again, as most of the time on conquest maps. i don't get many points and i am kind of ignored but i feel rightfully useful to the team. by the way this method of play would deserve its own thread) on berlin, pac side, jumped into the apc as passenger and left before we got too close to the ennemy mines. i rushed to the flag as our transport went straight into the so obvious trap. that was of course a dumb move from the driver which turned out to be a genius one allowing our walker to get through and helping me cap the first flag. i then drop a few mm to secure the area and get ready to welcome the eu cavalry, first to come is their walker which engages into a long distance fight whith ours. i proceed to repairing it ready to sacrifice my own life, the fight seems to go on and on and i just don't understand why this damn eu walker is still firing back after all the damage he must have taken until i discover that i have been repairing an empty vehicle from the start as the pilot flew away towards new adventures. the result of this battle: pac walker down, the eu walker in perfect shape and now preying the infantry from far away for the rest of the game.

given your team isn't organised enough to react accordingly, it is strange how the stupid act of one can decide of the fate of the battle.

Comment

Originally posted by XxSTAM1NAxX View Post
                              I thought everyone gets a point, only the first to arrive at the flag gets two.
                              They seem to want the "Some loser non reviver captured Church flag" message and probably the two points that come with it. Those are the only reasons I can think why they just stand over your screaming body doing nothing.

Another one is when I get knifed using the titan guns. Was defending a silo really well and some geeza must of seen my crazy score and figured they'd like some of the action so they knifed me and took my place. Great plan except my spawn point was set to the titan and I knew were I was just sat. Knifed them straight back and then they kick voted me. I didn't get kicked and happily spent the rest of the round following them around the map knifing them.

Comment

Working...
                              X