ads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ads?

what with the ads for the dvd version of I Am Legend and the movie Doomsday?
    wasnt this movie made in 2005 or s/t?
    its pretty tacky, IMO to place ads in games..... Ghost Recon did Axe, which was ok, because they had a pretty hot chick on those billboards...... :laugh:

No, I Am Legend is a recent movie, and it's just now coming to DVD and Blu-Ray, hence the ads.

~Wolfgang

Comment

ads have been in the game since its realease (for what i can remember).

Comment

right now im getting an ad about a cell phone

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealWolfgang
          No, I Am Legend is a recent movie, and it's just now coming to DVD and Blu-Ray, hence the ads.

~Wolfgang
          i know, but i want to know how did they put them in the game if this game was made in 2005? is there a special program that automatically updates the ads?

Comment

Originally posted by hooahguy View Post
            i know, but i want to know how did they put them in the game if this game was made in 2005? is there a special program that automatically updates the ads?
            Yes, the game has built in support for dynamic ads, which allows EA to feed ads to the game based on your IP and gather viewing statistics for the ads.

So some regions may never see ads, while others have had them for a long time.

Comment

It used to always be Intel, but I guess its changed now.

Comment

i only have seen an ad for a day.

Comment

I kinda enjoy some of the new ads. Things feel a bit different when I see a new ad.

Comment

I never saw ads till last month... Which is weird, cause I live right next to LA, California (aka not a really obscure place).

Comment

Originally posted by hooahguy View Post
                      ..... Ghost Recon did Axe, which was ok, because they had a pretty hot chick on those billboards...... :laugh:
                      That sounds like a good idea in theory, but in 2142 I could see it having the unforeseen consequence of bringing the battle to a halt. I can just see a Nekomata and Tiger parked next to each other just looking, not even knowing the other's there.....

Comment

i have been, on occasion, sniped during some missions becuase i go a bit to far around the corner just to see the full image....
                        lol

Comment

I was hoping the whole built-in ad thing would be a total failure because no one would pay attention. I haven't noticed an ad in game for over a year, so I consider my circumstance a success.

So damnit, stop paying attention to ads and focus more on the idiot with the SCAR in your sights

Comment

well, when im trekking across miles of uncharted desert territory and no enemy in sight except for the passing gunship, theres nothing more to look at but the ads....

Comment

The first time I saw an ad it was for Harry Potter, on Verdun. I was passing by the ad in a tank, and wasn't sure I had really seen that. So I backed up and stopped to read the ad, and got a Pilum up the butt.

Comment

Working...
                              X