Bumped into an odd server rule earlier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumped into an odd server rule earlier

Ok I'll give you that almost every noob friendly rule I see in a server has some sort of (twisted) logic to it. Don't rape the uncap because it'll empty the server (or something like that) don't RDX jeep because their is no defense to it, blah blah blah wah.....

Whatever, but I ran into one for the first time tonight. I was apparently warned for locking my squad....? What's up with that? What possible justification could a server admin have for not wanting me to lock my squad? It's not like I was the only one in it. I had 4 other ppl in it (who are in my clan) why should he care if I lock it?

Could some one clue me in to this one?

Depends on if that server generally has a full set of 8 squads. If not, I don't know why they'd do that. If they do, it'd make sense to enforce a rule that allowed the majority of the players to join a squad.

Comment

The only reason I can think of is if they wanted to join your squad to follow you or a squad-mate around. I have done that before when someone has thought a player was aimbotting. I'll join their squad and follow them for a bit to watch them. Can't see why it would be a set rule though.

Comment

Yep, depends on whether or not they regularly have 8 full squads, which I doubt. Sometimes I like to open my own squad and lock it. Prevents team switching and I don't have to play with the other lone wolves.

Comment

Originally posted by XxSTAM1NAxX View Post
          Yep, depends on whether or not they regularly have 8 full squads, which I doubt. Sometimes I like to open my own squad and lock it. Prevents team switching and I don't have to play with the other lone wolves.
          That right there is probably part of the reason for it... abuse of the squad system.

Also, back in the early days of BF2, people would get a locked squad going and run cheats.

Comment

Back in the day, we used to be able to have Men's Only golf courses and such. Now we might hurt feelings, and we certainly can't do that. Maybe the server admin is of like mind.

Comment

I'm pretty sure this was not a max number of squads thing. I was in a 32 man server, which meant a max of 16 ppl per side. You could have made 8 squads with 2 ppl and still have gotten every one in a squad. I had a total of 5 ppl in my squad, which left almost enough room for everyone left on my team to have their own single squads.

Comment

Working...
              X