Clarification on the assault rocket unlock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarification on the assault rocket unlock

Do they actually do anything to an enemy on the run? By that, do they have to hit say a hard surface before detonation?

I was just attacking a titan, when one of the EU guys podded back onto his own titan. As he fell from the mezzanine corridor bit and down to cargo bay, I took aim with the rockets at a close-ish distance.

He spotted me an ran towards me, by which time I had put two rockets into his torso with seemingly little effect. "Schlick"....... and I'm knifed.

Is this a feature to stop the rockets being a super accurate, high damage shotgun?

Minimum range is 20 meters, below that they won't explode.

Comment

Yep, they hardly do any damage below 20m. Probably one or two Health Points. You can however set it to damage at various distances.

Comment

whith a headshot at 20 metres you can 1hk the enemie. a headshot does 24 dammage and a headshot explosion does the other dammage(overkill). but if you want to kill the enemie in less then 20 metres you need 2 to 3 headshots with it. and then a normal AR or even pistol is better.

Comment

Originally posted by Unzen View Post
          Is this a feature to stop the rockets being a super accurate, high damage shotgun?
          Correcto.

They explode either by hitting a wall or you can set the range yourself by scrolling with the mousewheel... It's tricky but is great against people behind cover.

Comment

Originally posted by -UtC- Iquere « View Post
            Correcto.

They explode either by hitting a wall or you can set the range yourself by scrolling with the mousewheel... It's tricky but is great against people behind cover.
            To sum up the answers:
            Unscoped mode is impact detonation
            Scoped mode will detonate at a pre-set range, which defaults to the distance to your target. Mousewheel adjust this.
            And minimum arming distance is 20m

Comment

It's not tricky at all. Most of the time I use airburst it goes like this:
              1) Enemy goes behind cover
              2) Point crosshair at the thing he's taking cover behind.
              3) Mousewheel up one or two clicks, 2 or 4 meters is fine for most cover
              4) Fire!

Comment

Nice one chaps - that's cleared that one up for me. :salute:

Comment

use rockets for if someone is behind cover you scope at some reference object and increase the xplode ditance a little bit over that.

Comment

Still one of the best guides to the AR Rockets I have seen. It's worth a read.

Comment

Or just use the hertzog.

Comment

herzog is fun i've been using it for a bit but whenever it takes me more than 1 shot to kill someone i curse the thing and dont think its worth it. Rockets are better but herzog is more manly and respectable

Comment

A PK to the chest at close range does 24 Damage... So much fun to have point-blank PK Rocket fights

Comment

it can explode on impact upon hitting an enemy if you aim it good. almost a 1 hit KO.

You can also fire it on the move and it tends to drift depending on your strafing direction. Need to "lead" the shot in relation to your movement

Comment

Working...
                            X