How can i get a mod to work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can i get a mod to work?

i recently installed the game and i want to know how i can get a mod to work. i downloaded one today and how does it work?

Originally posted by randomguy114 View Post
    i recently installed the game and i want to know how i can get a mod to work. i downloaded one today and how does it work?
    1. install mod
    2. click the BF2 mod shortcut on your desktop

Comment

You need to install it to your mods directory. The default one is something like this:

Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\Mods

However, most, if not all mods will install directly to that folder and set-up shortcuts on your desktop automatically when you click on the .exe. If they don't, you can make another shortcut specific to that mod by:
      • Installing the mod into the above directory.
      • Copying your existing Battlefield 2 shortcut.
      • In the add in the target line: +modPath mods/[name of mod folder]
      • Press ok.

Alternatively, you can load a mod ingame by clicking on the Community-> Custom Games tab. But, like I said, most mods will have installers that do all the installing and shortcut making for you.

Comment

If you specified what mod you were installing you could get more detailed help. Even better would probably be to post in the subforum for the particular mod if it has one; http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/ma...play.php?f=603 .

Comment

well i figured this one out a few minutes after i posted this but i cant find the installer for the poe mod

Comment

Working...
          X