maybe getting old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maybe getting old

now i maybe getting old and senial but i dont think im this bad.

while im playing in the game on the right hand side of the screen.
    where it shows ya ammo and gernades an flash nades.
    well mine disappears after about 2 secconds unless im firing.
    now i know ive noticed it stay up all the time. an my caln mates says theres is up all the time even when just jottin around the map.

i guess im going nuts or something or ive turend this off some how
    i whould have swore it worked before

all i can say is im nuts or itsturned off in a setting or something any wya to fix it or ?

Perhaps you're being confused about softcore/hardcore servers. In softcore, you can see your ammo count etc while you can't in hardcore.

Comment

nope i dont run a hardcore server

while im just jotting around the map my ammo an nades and clays dont appear untill i shoto ot toss a gernade

i know dang well somethin is turned off

Comment

Some servers are set to hide this display unless you use or switch your weapon - I get that from time to time as well.

But, just to be sure, go into your Profiles folder, then the specific profile you're using, open up the config_mp.cfg file using Notepad/Wordpad, then search for the following lines - add them, or change them to these values if they're not there:

seta hud_enable "1"
        seta hud_fade_ammodisplay "0"

Save and exit.

There may be more commands, I'm not sure, but start with these two.

Comment

thank you very much whisky my seta hud_fade_ammodisplay was set to 1.7 why i dont know

what else can i do in the mp config to change stuff i see alot of neet stuff in here will it work in games or has to be enabeld on the server or ?

Comment

There's a lot of things you can change in the config_mp.cfg...some are "legal", some will get you kicked by Punkbuster on certain servers. Some of these things affect the display of stuff on your screen, and some lower certain settings to boost your frame-rate at the cost of worse visuals.

Check the "Tips" sticky in the General Discussion section...there's some stuff in there (including how to make some on-screen OBJ icons smaller). I might go through the .cfg file later today and try to pick out some of the simple stuff that I think some folks would like.

Comment

Working...
            X