Im a Loner...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im a Loner...

Ok so i have CoD4 on xbox atm yea yea its not as good as pc i know but until i get the money to buy it on pc im stuck with this..

so i have purchased 1 months gold membership and have my nat settings to open yet whenever i click on multiplayer and "find match" i enddup just sitting in the lobby like some sort of retard for about 10-20 minutes until finaly people start appearing... why does it take soo long?

EDIT: ok i have been sitting in the lobby now for 30 minutes and still havent been connected to any games.. this is crazy whats going on?

Most people here are on PC, so it may be awhile before someone can help you.

My suggestion is to try the Xbox360 section on the infinityward.com forums: http://www.infinityward.com/communit...php?board=29.0

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
      Most people here are on PC, so it may be awhile before someone can help you.

My suggestion is to try the Xbox360 section on the infinityward.com forums: http://www.infinityward.com/communit...php?board=29.0

ok thanks

anyone else have some ideas???

Comment

Xbox Live uses matchmaking, which attempts to join places in a similar location and skill (lol) and assigns somebody to be the host of the game. Obviously this isn't nearly as quick as joining a server on PC. Your problem could also be network related (not being able to connect to other players). I can't really suggest any fixes though because I don't have a 360 myself...

Comment

Orrrr, you may just be having a bad day.

Believe me, thats how it is with XBL, sooo random...

One day it works perfect, the other, it quite sucks.

Just keep trying. :P

Comment

lol yeah i just keep going back and forth until i get put into a server with people

but it takes ages and my connection is sooo damn bad when im playing ill come round the corner and they will kill me before i even get a chance to shoot.. then when it shows me the kill cam it looks as though i had been in plain sight for like 1-3 seconds.. i think its cuz im from Australia makes it REALLY hard to play... every close encounter i lose unless they dont see me or they suck lol... i was just playing a minute ago and as i went to stab this guy he was like a foot away and it didnt kill him and he killed me...then through kill cam i was stabbing at air ..no where near my target. i normaly get a top of 2 orange bars so my connection must be the reason im having trouble conecting and playing the game.. and as for sniper thats just out of the question lol it looks as though my bullets are going straight through people..

Comment

Wow O.O

That sucks...

Yea it might be the distance... I dunno what else to say...

SP is awesome with the smooth 360 graphix though...

Comment

Originally posted by xX5N1P3RXx View Post
                i think its cuz im from Australia makes it REALLY hard to play... every close encounter i lose unless they dont see me or they suck lol.
                Ah, I see now.

This was posted on "fourzerotwo's" (IW community rep) blog on March 4, so you may get some improvement soon:
                Regional specific Players

To our Australian players (or others effected) Don’t worry, I’ve heard your cries and thanks to all of our players who took the time to write me (comment, email, forums) and let me know about your concerns with matchmaking to other Aussies. Right now the host migration and optimized server selection is designed to choose the host with the best connection determined by a robust QOS (Quality of Service) check (regardless of region). That doesn’t mean it will always choose a US player, but I understand that the odds are typically stacked against some of our more remote players to be selected as host. We’re currently looking at options available that might help out with those odds and I’ll keep you updated on it.
                Keep tuning in there at his blog for details: http://iamfourzerotwo.com/

Comment

awesome i hope they fix it cuz i enjoy the game..

Comment

Working...
                  X