Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3870x2 and BF2

Guys

I force the res in my propeties to run at 1900x1200 for my 24 inch dell monitor . I am thiking of buying a 3870X2 .

Has anyon got one playing at my screen res with full 8xAA on .

The reason i ask is that 2 x 3870XT could not handle full AA at that Res.

Originally posted by Bald-Eagle11
    Guys

I force the res in my propeties to run at 1900x1200 for my 24 inch dell monitor . I am thiking of buying a 3870X2 .

Has anyon got one playing at my screen res with full 8xAA on .

The reason i ask is that 2 x 3870XT could not handle full AA at that Res.
    my msi 8800gt oc, can handle 16xAA, 16xAF 64 man server and stay above 45 fps and the eye cannont tell the difference over 30 so yeah

Comment

Originally posted by KlassikK View Post
      my msi 8800gt oc, can handle 16xAA, 16xAF 64 man server and stay above 45 fps and the eye cannont tell the difference over 30 so yeah
      That really doesn't help. And 45FPS isn't too good with an 8800GT (unless its the older one).

To the OP, I presume you might be having driver issues, the 3870 should cut it.

Try a lower resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by vika09 View Post
        That really doesn't help. And 45FPS isn't too good with an 8800GT (unless its the older one).

To the OP, I presume you might be having driver issues, the 3870 should cut it.

Try a lower resolution.
        Wellthis is the reason I ask ,, I have currently gone back to a 8800GTX which works fine but beong the tech junkie I am want a 3870X2 to i can crossfire with a 3870XT .

I think i really need to ask a 3870X2 user .

Originally posted by KlassikK View Post

How do you force 16XAA and 16XAF in Bf2 ?

Comment

Drivers can force higher AA.

Wait for a bit, Scinto is about to get, or has a 2x3870.

Comment

Originally posted by vika09 View Post
            Drivers can force higher AA.

Wait for a bit, Scinto is about to get, or has a 2x3870.
            well i dont have a 24" monitor, but i will see what i get when i force AA/AF thru CCC on my 22",,

ps did you force the resolution thru the shortcut or the video.con?

what catalyst drivers you using.

Comment

The human eye can detect much higher than 30 FPS. If my frames drop to 30 I notice it instantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanman
                The human eye can detect much higher than 30 FPS. If my frames drop to 30 I notice it instantly.
                debatible

Comment

Actually, I could see the difference between 30FPS and 40FPS on Max Payne 2. The limit my eyes went to was 50FPS, anything below I could see the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto View Post
                    well i dont have a 24" monitor, but i will see what i get when i force AA/AF thru CCC on my 22",,

ps did you force the resolution thru the shortcut or the video.con?

what catalyst drivers you using.

Forced res through the shortcut please Scinto if you could matey ,,so it reads like this ;

"C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1920 +szy 1200

All high detail with 8X AA in the video game options ,,, see what FPS you get in
                    Dragon Valley 64 man server in a jet please mate , thats where my 2x 3870XT's let me down .

Cheers ,,

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                      debatible
                      Not debateable, I can notice all the way up to 100Hz (actually, somewhere in the 90s).

24Hz is the limit for images to begin to appear continuous, not the upper limit beyond which the eye can't actually use the extra information.

It also depends on the size of your monitor, resolution, etc. At the res I play, 60Hz looks extremely choppy, but at around 1024x768, 60Hz plays like a dream.

Comment

camper, I'd say it's debatable. Everyone will be different. For me, I can see the difference between 30, 40, 50 and 75. Anything higher than 75 I don't notice. When I first started playing shooter computer games (BF2, mainly), I didn't notice anything above 30 FPS.

Comment

Single 3870 forcing AAx8 / AFx16 through CCC @ 1680*1050 doesnt drop below 100fps even on Dragon Valley,, couldnt get in a jet the server had ghey queing rules

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto View Post
                            Single 3870 forcing AAx8 / AFx16 through CCC @ 1680*1050 doesnt drop below 100fps even on Dragon Valley,, couldnt get in a jet the server had ghey queing rules
                            Cheers Scinto.

Thats a single 3870X2 or a single 3870XT

Comment

Most likely a single 3870, as Scinto only has that card for now.

Comment

Working...
                              X