Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your most cunningest move

Sun Tzu says: "Soldiering is all about cunningness."

So, I found this game is best played with cunningness, not reaction.

My most cunningest move was when I played on a Remagen server. Got a speeder and sped to EU base, then found a Goliath just respawned. I Used my pilum to poke out 4 of the regen panel, then put all my mines at the bottom of the vehicle. After that, I stole a walker and walked away. When I walked to the first flag to EU base, I got a kill plus point for destroying the poor Goliath.

You actually found a goliath that was idol? Wow..

Comment

well yeah, good reaction isnt worth much without tactical thinking to go along with it. your totally right

Comment

Must cunning move? Jihad Accipitor, people never see it coming

Comment

Jihading a APC. its the best Jihad Vech in the game. it has Shields it can stun with the EMP. What more could you want

Comment

getting behind the enemie team and all shoot them in their backs. it was from central to ruins(my flag). killed the enemie team 2ce(16 kills total) and nobody knew were i was. at the end i got tked.

Comment

As a commander, I love to sit in the rorsch's in Camp G and Cerbere, and wait for those pesky little fav's filled with 3 unsuspecting and very hopefilled peeps ("Yay! we broke through!!"). So just when they are turning the corner at Central Camp (Camp G) or going up the hill to Command Center (Cerb), you put a rorsch round into the FAV. About 1/2 the time, the FAV has taken enough damage that it just goes POOF. The other half, you have to chase down the lone critter that was smart enough to bail before the FAV timebomb went boom.

I'm surprised more commanders don't do it.

Comment

Good suggestion. will do that next time i play.

Comment

Originally posted by SpLiTz View Post
                  As a commander, I love to sit in the rorsch's in Camp G and Cerbere, and wait for those pesky little fav's filled with 3 unsuspecting and very hopefilled peeps ("Yay! we broke through!!"). So just when they are turning the corner at Central Camp (Camp G) or going up the hill to Command Center (Cerb), you put a rorsch round into the FAV. About 1/2 the time, the FAV has taken enough damage that it just goes POOF. The other half, you have to chase down the lone critter that was smart enough to bail before the FAV timebomb went boom.

I'm surprised more commanders don't do it.
                  Even more evil, let the little noob get out without hurting his FAV, kill the enemy and then park the FAV in Central Camp. Then command from inside the FAV so it won't die and respawn for the enemy to use. One of the FAVs respawns every 30 seconds, the other takes 500... So if you get the one that only takes 30 seconds to spawn, you are robbing the enemy team of almost all of its transportation

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin
                    Even more evil, let the little noob get out without hurting his FAV, kill the enemy and then park the FAV in Central Camp. Then command from inside the FAV so it won't die and respawn for the enemy to use. One of the FAVs respawns every 30 seconds, the other takes 500... So if you get the one that only takes 30 seconds to spawn, you are robbing the enemy team of almost all of its transportation
                    QFT

I always try and get the FAVs on CG cos if there's one thing I hate it's having to run all the way across the map to cap the 1st flag through the gates every 30 seconds.

Without fail people on EU will destroy the FAVs when they see them abandoned They don't even bother to ride them back to the front line.

A good tactic is to wait at the 1st gate flag from the off for the raiding party to come and set up. Almost always behind the boxes next to the short tunnel. PK rocket them to kingdom come and then ride the FAV back to the harbour - it's almost always the quick spawn one!

Whenever you kill a guy defending a flag you know surer than sure that he will be back in 15 seconds to blast you in the face. I jump on the silo, count to ten and then run and find a little hiding spot where I can see the action. Then when sonny jim comes back for his revenge I come up behind and shoot him in the back of the head. This time I should be able to cap out the silo without any nasy interruptions.

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin

so 1 of the FAVs takes only half a minute and then the other one takes 8.5 minutes??

Comment

Yep. Pretty retarded, but thats how it works

Comment

OMFG you guys are just as cunning as the fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University! (Well, if you are a big fan of Black Adder as I am, you get the point.):shock:

When I feel right, I play engineer at Cerbere or Camp Gibraltar and lay mines at choke points where FAVers will slow down and turn. Usually get some free kills that way.

BTW, if you play on 64p Remagen map with only 12 in the game, there's plenty of chance that a Goliath will sit there for sometime before somebody start to drive it. This happens especially when 4 of the EU team are roof camping snipers and the other two are just too happy whoring walkers.

Comment

i like running away and disappearing behind a wall or building, but i turn around and surprise the guy running after me. sometimes i park my air transport really really far away from a flag and zoom and snipe with the chain gun. those guys have no idea where i am since i'm so far.

Comment

My favorite move is EMPing a gunship with the apc, jumping out and then destroying the gunship with a pilum shot. The hunted becomes the hunter!

Heck, shooting gunships with pilums is fun any time.

Comment

Working...
                              X