Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something that would improve the browser easily...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something that would improve the browser easily...

add a new filter called min/max players where you can type in any number you want.

that way if you want a small server you can do say min 1 max 15 or if you want a medium say min 25 max 32 or if you want to go all out you could enter min 45 max 60 or whatever

This would really cut down on the amount of servers showing and you would only get the ones your interested in.

thoughts?

I like it, but I want the hardcore/softcore filter first.

Comment

Those and a folder that shows your history, so incase you forget the name of the server you want to bookmark you can go into the history folder and bookmark it.

Comment

yes, a history folder would be great

Comment

History would be good to have in the browser, agreed...but for those who use XFire, be aware that it already does that for you - the "Recently Game Servers" heading on the "Servers" tab. You can then add it to your "Favorites" heading on XF.

Comment

Originally posted by TSlaw[42SRT]
            +1. I hate joining a server just to find out its a hardcore one, especially if 'hardcore' isn't in the server name. Other than me wanting a hardcore/softcore filter, it sounds like a nice server filter.

Comment

Yea, filter hc/sc/os and that will cut it down a TON.

THEN, implement min/max settings, because that is a good idea too

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                Yea, filter hc/sc/os and that will cut it down a TON.

THEN, implement min/max settings, because that is a good idea too

Crunch
                +1 :nod:

Comment

Originally posted by TSlaw[42SRT]
                  Seconded

Originally posted by Whiskey
                  History would be good to have in the browser, agreed...but for those who use XFire, be aware that it already does that for you - the "Recently Game Servers" heading on the "Servers" tab. You can then add it to your "Favorites" heading on XF.
                  Unfortunately, although one can paste in to the console, one cannot paste in to the input box that it displays when you add an IP to the favourites. This is majorly annoying for people like me who can only remember half the IP address and port number at any one time and have to alt-tab back and forth like a nutcase

Comment

Yeah, the xfire history is indeed nice for games that do not have such a feature-- although I'm not in the habit of using xfire for my history. In fact, I just remembered it did that!

Comment

Originally posted by Vasquez
                      Unfortunately, although one can paste in to the console, one cannot paste in to the input box that it displays when you add an IP to the favourites. This is majorly annoying for people like me who can only remember half the IP address and port number at any one time and have to alt-tab back and forth like a nutcase
                      I'm not sure I understand what you're saying...

If you're talking only about XFire, you don't have to remember anything. Servers you've played on show up in your "Recent" heading. You only then have to right-click and select "Add to Favorites" to put them in the list.

Clicking on a server in your Recent or Favs list, will also display the IP/port information if that's what you remember, instead of the name.

Finally, if you know the IP of a server, you can also right-click on your Favs heading, select "Add custom IP" and add it that way.

Comment

Yeah, I know that xfire does it. I'm talking about when I want to add an IP to my favourites in COD4. I cannot paste the IPort that Xfire has in to the box, I have to type it

Comment

Ah, ok, I see what you mean. Yeah, little things like that can be annoying.

pen+paper, ftw.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
                            pen+paper, ftw.
                            That's so archaic!

Comment

And effective!
                              another "trick" i use is that i make a screenshot of the server. Ie, hit tab, then screen the results screen. The Ip is there, so it's easier to put it as your fav. Alt-tab, open the .jpg, then "add new favourite" and that's it. It comes in hand when i un-install the game. I have almost all my favs IPs screenshoted.
                              But agree, a SC/HC filter would be great, and a "history" server would be very wellcome, it came very in hand when i played BF2142.

Comment

Working...
                              X