ragdoll physics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ragdoll physics

In the options it says "Ragdoll" and I have it set to "yes", but when I play MP there's only a little bit of ragdoll physics. most of the time it's just animated death sequences. Is there anyway to change it (maybe in the config files?) so that it's 100% ragdoll?

Not that i believe

Comment

i have seen the same thing and I chaulk it up to singleplayer/multiplayer mode differences. Not that the code changes but that the psychology changes. Usually when you kill a human online they are not in a position to do any crazy ragdoll reaction. In singleplayer; however, you have people that are in a position environmentally to have a lot of room to "ragdoll".

I am not ruling out discrepancies. There are times when I shoot someone in singleplayer mode in the same fashion (e.g. running forward, surprised, shot - legs kick up as if clothes-lined) as that of a multiplayer human ( running forward - surprised around a corner and shot in the face - simply fall to ground) and the reaction in the different modes do not seem to be the same.

/drunk

Comment

I was playing around with this the other day... It seems that you have the standard death animations, and then ragdoll afterwards. So you get shot in the head as youre running, you'll do the animation, and just before you hit the ground go into ragdoll so you flop around a bit, and fall of boxes or whatever you're on.

Comment

Snipe a bunnyhopper and you'll see ragdoll physics

Comment

Yeah, IW has failed at mixing death animations and ragdoll. They should have just stuck to ragdoll and left the crappy looking anims out.
            FarCry is the only game that has mixed em good, and as far as I know, it`s the only game besides CoD4 that has done so.

Comment

Why mix them at all? 100% ragdoll looks a lot better

Comment

It does, dunno why IW did it they way it is right now.

Comment

Originally posted by L3adCannon View Post
                  Yeah, IW has failed at mixing death animations and ragdoll. They should have just stuck to ragdoll and left the crappy looking anims out.
                  FarCry is the only game that has mixed em good, and as far as I know, it`s the only game besides CoD4 that has done so.
                  In CS:S you die diffrent almost every time

Comment

Originally posted by pwnageisntgood
                    In CS:S you die diffrent almost every time
                    I know :|:

Comment

CS:S is 100% ragdoll right?

The anims get kind of annoying at times, but ragdoll can look really stupid at times too. In CS:S for example hostages have noticeable ragdoll physics. Unfortunately they never do anything but stand or walk, so they just flop over when dead. This call also be "exploited" in that shots to the feet don't register enough force for the physics to knock them back, so they crumple up and slowly fall.

But seeing people go flopping out of a window when you snipe them, or splat across the ground after getting shot while running is quite fun.

Comment

CSS Ragdolls were fun though - especially with mods

Comment

Originally posted by [SSM] k0daK
                          CSS Ragdolls were fun though - especially with mods
                          Haha, yea. We set our Pub to make the bodies go flying whenever they get shot... It makes for a lot of backflips, pretty great.

Comment

Working...
                          X