3 noob questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 noob questions

1) How much is it right now (in US)? Can I get a better deal now that it's been out for a while?
    2) Why is it rated M? More violence/swearing, or just because it's "modern".
    3) Will my rig run it well? System Requirements Labs says it passes minimum, but with a 7300LE I think I'll either have to run it at lower resolutions or all low.

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts View Post
    1) How much is it right now (in US)? Can I get a better deal now that it's been out for a while?
    2) Why is it rated M? More violence/swearing, or just because it's "modern".
    3) Will my rig run it well? System Requirements Labs says it passes minimum, but with a 7300LE I think I'll either have to run it at lower resolutions or all low.
    1) Around $50 brand new for PC. You might be able to find it cheaper at a store that takes trade-ins for used games. It's quite popular, so there isn't much reason to discount it, even though it's been out for many months.

2) Some mild-medium language usage, and some semi-realistic depictions of violence (headshots, "blood" spraying out the back of heads, arm gets blown off, people executed against a wall, etc). It's probably the equivalent of a PG-13 movie. I wouldn't even say it would get an "R" rating.

3) Download the free single-player demo, install it, and give it a shot. This will give you the best idea of how it will run (the full game will actually run a bit better, since it is more optimized than the demo).

Comment

And one thing just popped in my head. Are the environments destructible or is it only the bullets going through walls? :|:

Comment

Semi-destructible....barrels explode, cars explode and become burned-out wrecks, and as you say, you can shoot through various types of walls/cover. But the enviros are not fully destructible (which is probably one of the reasons gameplay is generally fast/smooth, and you don't need a Crysis-rated PC to run COD4 well).

Comment

And about the violence: are there blood splatters on walls, etc?

Just making sure it isn't that extreme that my younger brother can't watch.

Comment

Yeah, you get some instances here and there of blood spatter, but you can turn blood off in your game so you won't see it. That's about it, though...there aren't body parts or pieces of brain and guts spread all over the place. Mostly just stylized blood spray/spatter.

Again, it's like a PG-13 movie (or whatever the rating is now) in terms of content. Use that as your guide.

Comment

Thanks for being so patient lol.

Will see if I can run the demo and maybe buy it. (or wait till price goes down? no idea.)

Comment

If you want, you can wait until the prices get lower. It's up to you.

Comment

You can find it online between $30 and $40. Some places have deals running.

Crunch
                  Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                  Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
                  X