Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New graphic card, then MP runs bad.

Hey guys

Well I finally got my new Nvidia GeForce 8800GT, and I feel so dumb. I was so anctious to get it, and now all my MP games run at 15 FPS, uncluding COD4 MP.

Here's my rig:

Manufacturer:
    PC Express

Processor:
    Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory:
    1024MB RAM

Hard Drive:
    104 GB

Video Card:
    NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT

Monitor:
    Écran Plug-and-Play

Sound Card:
    SoundMAX HD Audio

Keyboard:
    G11 Gaming keyboard

Mouse:
    G9 Logitech gaming mouse

Operating System:
    Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)

And so anyway, my question is, Why do I run MP games at 15 FPS and SP games at 150?

Thanks

did you update your drivers ?

Comment

Originally posted by ch3ch3n View Post
      did you update your drivers ?

Uhhhh....no, and...to what? What the heck is a driver?

link?

Thanks man!

Comment

Check this out Drivers
        Go to here download the latest driver for your card and install it (I went through the trouble of finding the right one for you). If you still have lousy frame rates go into your add/ remove programs and remove either your ati or nvidia drivers then install the downloaded nvidia forceware again. I should also mention that 1gb or 1024mb of ram is pretty low for a game like COD4. Btw, an HHD is a Hard Disk Drive i.e. Hard Drive. More info on HHD's. Besides all that, if you don't have a fast internet connection it could be lowering you MP performance. Do you use cable, dsl, are you wired or wireless are you connecting to servers with low ping?

Comment

and before you install the new drivers, uninstall the old ones and use driver cleaner pro (google it).

Comment

Originally posted by Corkum View Post
            Check this out Drivers
            Go to here download the latest driver for your card and install it (I went through the trouble of finding the right one for you). If you still have lousy frame rates go into your add/ remove programs and remove either your ati or nvidia drivers then install the downloaded nvidia forceware again. I should also mention that 1gb or 1024mb of ram is pretty low for a game like COD4. Btw, an HHD is a Hard Disk Drive i.e. Hard Drive. More info on HHD's. Besides all that, if you don't have a fast internet connection it could be lowering you MP performance. Do you use cable, dsl, are you wired or wireless are you connecting to servers with low ping?

OMG thank you!!

I'm going to try all you said.

If you need any help for something (not Pcs lol) ask me then, I'd be HAPPY to help!

(I connect to low ping servers, I always want to keep my ping below 100.)

And my internet is awesome, I run DLs n stuff at 450kb/s, and internet pages load realy fast. And I didn't have probs with COD4 before I got this card.

Comment

Processor:
              Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
              that might be ur problem, a good card doesnt mean anything if u havent got a good processor.

Comment

My other machine had that proc and CoD4 ran very well. I would get between 40 and 60 FPS on the Nvidia 7900 that was in it. I dont think thats the issue.

The 1 GB RAM is a small bottleneck. Id say its drivers though, as well.

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
                X