Do you need voip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you need voip?

I broke my mic a couple of months ago. Do you need voip to go into a squad, like would the squad not want you cause you don't have a mic?

oops, I didn't realise this was in the PR forums, so if you saw what i said before i editted it, then just ignore it

From my experience with PR, most squads kick you if you don't have a mic, and then the server kicks you for not being in a squad

Comment

using voip is HIGHLY recommended. but no you don't need it. but like above said. most squads will kick you for not using it.

Comment

Its best to have a mic if your wanting a decent game, to play PR effectively you want to be in an active squad, its easier if you have a mic rather than typing anything you want to say. Some squad leaders will kick you form the squad if you don't, in some cases the server admins will kick you. But there are servers that don't mind, these servers tend not to be as fun but its up to you .

Comment

its not required no, but as stated some squad leaders kick, but im sure 99% of them wont kick u if u say u dont have a mic, and still reply to orders with a hit on the page up button, if not then we dont know if ur listing so will kick u

Comment

Its recomended, but if you can reply using page up/down or by typing, you should be OK. But PR is MUCH better if you have a mic.

Also, if you dont have VOIP, please dont be a SL

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah
              Also, if you dont have VOIP, please dont be a SL
              good point, not having voip as a squad member is ok, but as a SL people will leave ur squad and loads of random non teamworking dicks will join who dont do what u say because they wont kits..

Comment

Ok, I might begin download the mod, I played a couple of times at my friends house.

Comment

I will never kick someone for not having a mic, although it makes life alot easier.

Comment

got to Poundland and buy another cheapy mic headset for, yes you guessed it, a pound!

The need for voip is realised through squads being closer together, the need to keep quiet, the larger maps allowing freer movement allowing squads to be attacked from different directions. If we were restricted to merely typing in chat then the game couldn't possibly be as useful.

Comment

never ever needed it with teamspeak on..

Comment

Working...
                      X