Retrieving lost levels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrieving lost levels?

I just built a new and supped comp for gaming etc. I was wondering how I can get my original online level back (lvl 51) and all of my guns and stuff?
    I had to switch from Windows HP XP comp to a Windows Vista Ultimate.

Your ranks and information are stored on your hard-drive in the mpdata file. To preserve your information when you re-install the game, you have to make a backup copy of your Profiles folder somewhere, then copy/paste it back in when you re-install. You can even transfer this file across 2 different PC's, as long as the same copy of the game and same install key are used (your info is tied to your install key).

If you didn't save this file, and have changed/formatted hard-drives, then unfortunately your information is lost. Good news is that it doesn't take as long to rank up again the 2nd time, because you're better at the game, and know more of the ways to get points quicker (ie. playing objective-mode matches).

Comment

What if I backed up my old comp onto an external harddrive?

Comment

yeah, i had to reformat my comp cos something ****ed somewhere... lost my lvl55 with like 3 more 150 headshots to do, then i would have prestiged, but now ive played for about a few days nd already am lvl48 xD not too bad...

Comment

Originally posted by Zaku View Post
          What if I backed up my old comp onto an external harddrive?
          You can probably retrieve the files then.
          Look for the question:"Q: So where do I find the profiles folder with my profiles then?" here: http://roe.totalgamingnetwork.com/wi..._and_Technical

Comment

ok, once I find it do i just put it and replace the only thats in my newly installed COD4 profile area and replace it??

Comment

Your best backing up the 'mpdata' file you have in C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\PROFILE_NAME\, just incase the one your trying to restore is corrupt in some way. Providing you are using the same serial code you shouldn't really have a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaku
                ok, once I find it do i just put it and replace the only thats in my newly installed COD4 profile area and replace it??
                Yes. Once you have the game installed on your new PC, go into both SP and MP quickly so that the game will create new folders for you. Then, using the info in the link above (since Vista uses a different location than XP), copy/paste your old Profiles folder in over the existing one.

Comment

ok, thnx guys I got it fixed :yay:
                  please :locked: this thread.

Comment

I had a HDD upgrade.

I had to reinstall STEAM and then d/l cod4 all over again. I went to my old hard drive and copied the mpdata file. But it keeps saying its corrupt.

Does Steam provide a NEW serial for the d/l???

This means that I'm stuck having to relevel a THIRD time!!!! This is nuts, why didn't IW work out a way to keep your stats online!

*Edit I'm a 4 star general...and I really don't want to use an mpdata "unlock cheat" as I don't know what that will do to my account. I just want to get my own data back.

Comment

Copying just the "mpdata" file does not work for all users. You should backup your entire Profiles folder instead.

Comment

I have all the data from my previous profiles folder.
                        Just the mpdata was renamed as it was deemed "corrupted"

I'm told this happens if you somehow change your serial key

Comment

It can happen for a number of reasons, including if your game or the server you're playing on crashes.

Frequent backups of the Profiles folder are recommended.

Comment

Working...
                          X