No announcement yet.

State of the Gaming Union.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, you haven't played TF2 much you said and I notice that.

CS: Tries to be realistic (haha), weapons exist IRL, very tactical and rewards good aim very well.

TF2: Cartoony, rocketlaunchers/flamethrower/syringe gun etc, and lots of funny voices and stuff you'd never see in CSS cause it's a more "serious" game.

A guy in CSS would as an example never shout "I LOVE THIS DOCTOR" like the Heavy do in TF2.

Hard to explain in fact but believe me, they are completely different.

Comment

Aye I get where you are coming from RKO, but sometimes a game isnt as a simple as one playthrough, I have found with Crysis that due to the amount of freedom a player gets opinions can vary, as the gameplay experience differs greatly

Then again imo one of the best games of the year was Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl, totally underrated and a fantastic game to play

but yer like Iquere says some aspects of cs are designed to be realistic while others arent supposed to be

also because of the roles in TF2, gameplay is an integral part, no one class can win on its own, whereas in CS you can mow all with relative ease

All games have their good points and bad points, but still we should all be thankful that 07 was one of the best years for PC gaming

Comment

obviously you don't know much about the video game industry if you think portal is a joke.

it's one step below jesus as far as innovation and simplicity of gameplay.

Comment

I still have to disagree with you LanDodger about 07' being one of the best years for PC Games.

We did have some amazing games, out granted. But in my opinion, there was a whole bunch of turkeys.

I love this forum, because you can have someone who shares your views to the or you can have someone who thinks completely the opposite.

@Troybob - I didn't say that portal itself was a joke, even though most of the dialogue and the cake being a lie, put a comedic spin on things. I don't know how to explain myself, Lets see here.. It's a nice add-on for the Orange Box, which in my personal opinion was all about one game, Half Life 2 Ep 2. Its sort of the same feel, of that sandbox, puzzle solving type of game, but there is no real objective in terms of story, but rather of solving the puzzles and getting to the elevator at the end. I don't think i'd have purchased Portal on its own, but i'm glad it came with the Orange Box, because its just nice to have these extra things to play.

I just can't extend that same courtesy to TF2, I can't, i just can't allow myself to like it.

Comment

Yer mom.

Next time, be so kind and write up an appropriate title. "My view on gaming industry" would be more fitting, even though youre not even touching the subject, and just posted a bulk of minirevies. Biased, uninteresting, reeking of "fanboyage" and then you defend it as if you were preaching Jesus´ words.

No. My response a´la "your mom" was completely appropriate and by the looks of thinks, fitting.

:hi:

Comment

Portal had its own story that is interwoven into the hl universe, playing EP2 shows that

Ep2 wasn't even the most anticipated title of the OB tbh I bet a lot more people were begging for TF2 and Portal

Comment

People had to wait 9 years for TF2 come out, so yeah

Comment

A review of fps games by a WoW player,im gonna take it with a pinch of salt.

Comment

**** you in the butthole, Stephen. I knew that eventually someone was going to bring up World of Warcraft.

So what, if i play World of Warcraft? I still play GTA and Call of Duty 4 too.

Let me remind you of my previous game history. Call of Duty 4, Battlefield 2142, Battlefield 2, Battlefield 1942, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty: UO, Farcry, Half Life 2, Medal of Honor, GRAW, Call of Duty, Crysis. Thats just the PC shooters.

How many MMORPGs have i played? 3.
                    How many have i subscribed to? 0.
                    What did i play? Eve Online, Guild Wars and most recently World of Warcraft.

I'll take your mother with a pinch of salt, and my Level 12 Warrior probably will to. ***.

Comment

Ahhh but see WoW pollutes all, WoW players brains are very strange things!

Comment

Originally posted by LanDodger
                        Portal had its own story that is interwoven into the hl universe, playing EP2 shows that

Ep2 wasn't even the most anticipated title of the OB tbh I bet a lot more people were begging for TF2 and Portal
                        No. Contrary to FPS MP players, EP2 was the most anticipated game in the box. You wouldnt believe me if I told you, but people would have paid the whole OB price for that one game. They would ***** and moan about it, but they would cough up the bucks. Because HL universe, today, is perhaps videogaming perfection itsself. You can expect nothing less since the game story is written by professional sci-fi writer(s) and it has Stephen King aura in it.

Its also amusing how HL crew originally went through hell and rape in order to finish and release their game. At some point, they were almost ditching the project. Quite a difference from how Ubisuck and Electronic Anal operate.

Sierra, at least at that time, was worthy of their reputation. Then came VUG and BAM!.

Comment

Lol yer I suppose, some people did spend more money buying the individual titles on steam rather than getting them in the OB

I wanted Portal above all, I knew those sods wouldnt reveal too much in EP2, Lost Style lol

Comment

Originally posted by RKO View Post
                            @Troybob ... there is no real objective [of Portal] in terms of story, but rather of solving the puzzles and getting to the elevator at the end.
                            Thus one of the genius of the game. It fooled you.

Comment

Working...
                            X