Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best headset?

Fellow fraggers,

The next thing on my list to buy is a new headset as the old one is falling apart. You guys are the best to ask as there's a good number of you that have tried and trusted gear. I've done a bit of googling but nothing came out as "the one to have"... My requirements are:

* Wireless if possible. I'd like to use it with my PS3, if I can.
    * Not in the ear, over the ear.
    * I have kids, the more sound it can drown out in the background, the better. Plus, if I can use it on a plane I won't hear my fellow passengers screaming as the pressurised metal tube we're in hurtles to the ground at terminal velocity.
    * Under 300 dollars if possible.

I appreciate any input you guys can give me. COD4 is so much better on a headset.

Peace out :salute:

My cousin has a PS3, and ended up swapping out the wireless for a wired one. And it was pretty chap, I'll see if I can find the brand for you.

Comment

I use the Sennheiser PC160 SK,This headset is by far the best I've owned, I got it on a sale from NCIX for about 60 dollars , and the quality is amazing. has Noise-canceling and when I'm listening to music or playing a game, I can barely hear any outside noise even if I want to. Comfortable they fit nicely. The microphone picks things up rather well

Comment

Ha, wireless ftl.

But I've got an awesome (but quite large) Audio Fx Pro 5+1, it works great.

I'm an audio buff, and I like good sound ingame, and these do the trick. They are also certainly very cheap, only 40-60 dollars...

Its got great force feedback, and I can hear guys across the map, I was even considering getting a better soundcard as it would expand my possibilites.

It also has a very very clear mic on it, works wonders. Its almost too good really, my friends pick up me typing on my keyboard over vent, sometimes even people who aren't even in the room.

Comment

BOSE headsets?

Comment

Plantronics brand.

Comment

I have a cheap Logitech one, great sound on ear, cost me 40 dollars, sound canceling mic, but the only thing, the mic doesn't work in game. Like over VoIP..in any game..I don't know if it's me or the mic. it works in Vent and TS perfectly fine, but like in game nothing.

Comment

Altec Lansing 515. Best set I ever owned. Wired though. I dont do any gaming stuff wireless.

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I paid 30€ for my Fatal1ty's headset, and im more than happy that i bought them... They are not wireless though..

Comment

I use the precision head set it is great!

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/ga...sets/&cl=us,en

Comment

Originally posted by Hjodin
                      I use the precision head set it is great!

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/ga...sets/&cl=us,en
                      This is my old one. I did love it, just want to move on to something that shouts "OH MY GOD YES"

Comment

Sennheiser PC 350

I use a Sennheiser PC 160, but the new Sennheiser PC 350 just came out and it might be what your after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rifte2.0 View Post
                          I use a Sennheiser PC 160, but the new Sennheiser PC 350 just came out and it might be what your after.
                          http://www.dvhardware.net/article24456.html
                          Wow, Rifte created an account and posted JUST to tell you about those headphones. (Welcome by the way)

If they are that good, I would look into those.

Crunch
                          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Wow Rifte, they look good... and like Crunch said, whole new account just to tell me... from that website, I can see why.

Thanks for the info, I'll give these a run.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                            X