Orange Box wont Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange Box wont Install

This has been a problem I have had over the last few days.

Booted up the comp a few days ago to realize that Steam had decided not to work anymore, so after much frustration I've finally managed to get Steam reinstalled. I thought that was headache solved, i was wrong.

Now i have to reinstall everything from scratch and okay, i can deal with that, i was expecting it, but so far all i have managed to install is HL2 and CSS, the Orange Box seems to hate me right now. I choose to install it, it does its stupid "preparing files for install" thing, and thats as far as i get, even if the bar manages to get to 100% (after what can be many hours i might add) it just sits and stares at me.

Anyone with any advice would be greatly appreciated! :salute:

what did you change on your system which initially caused this problem?

Comment

Do a system restore to when it was last working

Comment

Oli's being lazy! - I tend to do that also though, but then i got bored and just reinstalled windows but thats another story.

Try right clicking the installer and run the setup as administrator.

Comment

Originally posted by Oli View Post
          Do a system restore to when it was last working

Yah I'd so a restore...

Comment

Originally posted by Corkum View Post
            what did you change on your system which initially caused this problem?
            Nothing as far as i know, the computer is exactly the same as it was the day before when everthing was working fine, which is more confusing as i cant understand what caused it.

I like the system restore idea but i do not want to resort to that unless i have too. Good Idea tho.

If i could just get TF2 on there i would be happy :cry:

Comment

Working...
            X