M4 with Double Tap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4 with Double Tap

I tried a search before posting this, but the M4 is too short of a word to search for.

For fun, I threw doubletap on a few kits to see what the outcome would be.

The M4 with it is CRAZY! Its really fun and you mow people down like you have an LMG.

Anyone else use this setup or have one like it? Maybe AK47 with doubletap?

The P90 wasnt much fun with double tap. In fact, all the SMGs didnt seem too great with it, IMO.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

I used doubletap for a long time, until I made the calculations. All things being equal, you will do more damage with Stopping Power...

Normally, the M4 fires 13.33 rounds per second: that's a potential of 267-400 HP damage.
    With DT, the M4 fires 16.66 rounds per second: that's a potential of 333-500 HP damage.

With SP, an ROF of 13.33 and damages of 30-40 produce a potential of 400-533 HP damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi View Post
      I used doubletap for a long time, until I made the calculations. All things being equal, you will do more damage with Stopping Power...

Normally, the M4 fires 13.33 rounds per second: that's a potential of 267-400 HP damage.
      With DT, the M4 fires 16.66 rounds per second: that's a potential of 333-500 HP damage.

With SP, an ROF of 13.33 and damages of 30-40 produce a potential of 400-533 HP damage.
      That makes sense.

Is that always the case? Is Stopping Power better to have than double tap?

I used SP with the M4 a lot as well, as my assault class, and it doesnt seem as devistating as with double tap.

Anyone have any theories why that would be? (Other than the smart *** ones about me teh sux)

Crunch

Comment

Double tap can be extremely useful sometimes, especially with MP44 since it has a very slow RoF naturally.

Double tap is one of the most f***** up things in CoD4 but it's still fun!

Comment

You think its "messed" up Iquere? Is it because it gives a weapon a special ability most weapons dont have, or is something wrong with it?

Crunch

Comment

I think he means realism-wise?

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
              That makes sense.

Is that always the case? Is Stopping Power better to have than double tap?

I used SP with the M4 a lot as well, as my assault class, and it doesnt seem as devistating as with double tap.

Anyone have any theories why that would be? (Other than the smart *** ones about me teh sux)

Crunch
              I didn't run the calculations for all of the weapons, but it checks out for the M16, AK, M4, MP5 and P90. I don't see why it wouldn't be the same everywhere...

I enjoy DT as well, but the constant reloading and need for additional ammunition (I live a long time... :P) make it more of an inconvenience for my choice of kits than a helpful tool.

Basically, it's valuable for weapons with a low ROF.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi View Post
                I didn't run the calculations for all of the weapons, but it checks out for the M16, AK, M4, MP5 and P90. I don't see why it wouldn't be the same everywhere...

I enjoy DT as well, but the constant reloading and need for additional ammunition (I live a long time... :P) make it more of an inconvenience for my choice of kits than a helpful tool.

Basically, it's valuable for weapons with a low ROF.
                I would say youre right, that it would be on all the weapons.

I use bandalier anyway, because I live a while also, and in hardcore mode, I reload almost every time I kill someone, so those arent issues in that instance.

Well, thats a shame. I like it more than stopping power and it does mape the MP44 shoot better

Bah, I will still use it for a while anyway. Its still fun.

Crunch

Comment

I think it's the best for M16 since it's recoil is easy to control even with double tap. And you can shoot more bursts in a shorter amount of time and you probably only need max 2 bursts.

Comment

I use stopping power on all my kits, you don't need to spray 50 bullets to kill someone just a couple accurate shots to the chest.

Comment

My clan is really big on double tap.

Most of our guys will go either G3 or M4, and when they use M4 they always use double tap. It's amazing because you can put such a large, accurate volume of fire down on a position extremely quickly.

I personally use the AK47, and due to its slow fire rate I find myself using double tap.

Comment

Ive been using doubletap on my M4 since I had it. I have that with a red dot sight, bandolier, and dead silence. I can pawn in certain maps like strike and showdown.

Comment

Originally posted by [SSM] Aerialz View Post

I personally use the AK47, and due to its slow fire rate I find myself using double tap.
                          In support of what you're saying, the AK already has 30-40 damage, so it can benefit from DT... whereas the M4 needs SP to bring the damage up to 28-42.

If you know how to use the AK properly at medium range, it's devastating with either perk. With SP, it makes 42-56... two shots on a non-juggernaut player downs him.

Comment

Originally posted by Md2a View Post
                            I think he means realism-wise?
                            Correcto.

It's pretty cool to use with RPD, it's insane

Comment

DT is... just weird, I prefer stopping power tenfold.

Comment

Working...
                              X