old drivers
    Run dxdiag no problems found
    Disabled firewall anti virus
    Tried different settings on audio and video
    Reinstall an PB update and patch 1.41 have no effect

Bf2142 works normal
    Cod4 works normal
    quilt wars works normal

But that stupid BF2 starts normal i hear all sound and music, i can login my account. And i see the server list comming up. But when i try to connect to any server or want to play solo the game crashes to desktop aarghhhhhhhhhh

Who has an fix, it is not the video or audio issue, because BF2124 runs fine

pffffffffffffffffffff:shakehead

This began when i reinstalled Windows XP and all my progs

Are you using the 1.41 patch?

Comment

Originally posted by St@rfir3 View Post
      patch 1.41 have no effect
      Have you tried a simple restart?

Comment

Yes im using patch 1.41 and tryed also restart

Comment

Delete your cache in your BF2 folder in your documents

Comment

i deleted all folders of bf2 and registry settings, did a fresh install. Now i get the ctd when trying to get into the account server

Comment

right this is what worked for me.

im running on vista and had this problem, i simply changed my audio settings to software if your already using software audio try hardware. then reinstalled the patch.

Comment

Ive tryed the audio hardware and software to, but the problem now is that i cant connect to the account server. I get the ctd trying to connect to the account server.

Music and demo movie works fine

Why doe this problem comes only with Bf2 and not with Bf2142?????

Bf2142 works perfect

Comment

make sure the have the d3dx9 .dll's http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/index-d.shtml

Comment

DX 9.0C is installed and dxdiag give no errors

Comment

I got the EXACT same problem. It closes out when I click on a server but I found a twist when I got to click on options and go to audio it shuts of there too. Is there a way to change the audio config file to use software and see if that works. I already checked my Creative SB Live has the latest drivers so no help there.

Running windows XP Pro

Comment

I know that there is an problem with the creative sound card check the ea support site.

But my problem is different, because it worked always. The only thing i did was an new install with XP an installed all drivers and programs again. Then somehow Bf2 gives the ctd. And i cant find the answer for it.:evil:

Comment

I've had the exact same hardware and drivers when I played it about 4 months ago and it worked fine then. That's what doesn't make any sense.

Comment

Then we have probably the same problem, ill find it verry strange because bf2142 works fine.

Maybe XP have done something to give the ctd on Bf2

Comment

Problem Solved after reinstalling XP a second time thx for the help boys

Comment

Working...
                              X