No announcement yet.

I must be the only one in the world who sucks with the Voss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but as far as CampG and Cerbere landing go, when your EU you WILL kill the most people with a voss because you dont really have any limitations like when using the scar you might stray away a little more from close range fighting, the voss you can just run right in and spray everybody (while scoped of course) and then the baur is just slightly bork'd at medium range it will get beat by the voss much of the time

Comment

I like the Baur, but i don't think the power makes up for the exaggerated recoil anymore. You put so much skill and concentration in making your shots count even when some vosser is hosing you down and he still kills you.

That means you got too close to the enemy, and i admit that is not what the Baur was meant for. But as an assault rifle i think it lacks, it would be more suited as a DMR weapon. But even then, a good sniper does a better job at that because the Baur scope sways too much. Between the sway and the recoil, longrange shots take very long to land in succession.

I think it's krylov/shotgun time for me for a while when assaulting.

Comment

Originally posted by The 13th Raptor View Post
        I like the Baur, but i don't think the power makes up for the exaggerated recoil anymore. You put so much skill and concentration in making your shots count even when some vosser is hosing you down and he still kills you.

That means you got too close to the enemy, and i admit that is not what the Baur was meant for. But as an assault rifle i think it lacks, it would be more suited as a DMR weapon. But even then, a good sniper does a better job at that because the Baur scope sways too much. Between the sway and the recoil, longrange shots take very long to land in succession.

I think it's krylov/shotgun time for me for a while when assaulting.
        The baur is the absolute best weapon for point blank to close range against the other assault rifles. You can strafe and empty your clip at someone 15ft away without scoping and kill them at least 75% of the time if you shoot first. the other ARs are actually not as good at spraying in close range

Comment

Originally posted by Field View Post
          The baur is the absolute best weapon for point blank to close range against the other assault rifles. You can strafe and empty your clip at someone 15ft away without scoping and kill them at least 75% of the time if you shoot first. the other ARs are actually not as good at spraying in close range
          Maybe i was just having a bad day but i swear to god i was bursting at people no more than six meters away and all but the first bullet nearly flew around the target, and i was crouching too!

Comment

I used to play Titan and was perfectly happy with the Baur (getting into the top 500 with it), however when I started to play Conquest, mostly CG, I found the Voss better suited to that type of game, especially the larger clip. Didn't take too long to get used to it. I reckon going from Voss to Baur is more difficult.

One gets used to a weapon when using it for a longer time, because when I tried the Baur after using the Voss for longer time, I just couldn't handle it as well as the Voss in Conquest.

So I use the Baur when playing Titan and the Voss when playing Conquest and have equal amount of kills with it.

And yes, I always scope when firing.

Comment

Baur is imo the most accurate rifle unscoped. It owns in CQC although you run out of ammo fast.

Comment

The Baur is accurate, but the recoil makes it inaccurate very quickly. Single shots with the Baur are probably the best thing to do.

My advice would be practice in SP with it, just shoot single and full auto off in an SP game (Not even at anyone if ya wanna) and get a feel for the recoil, then you can time your counter recoil really well.

Comment

Baur has its own strength and weakness. It doesn't do as good in short-to-mid range shoot with Voss, but it can out-shoot Voss in longer range. One of the technique that I find useful is controlled bursts. My victim usually dies at the end of second burst. Quick reload time and total of 6 mags means one doesn't have to worry about ammo status as much. However, I found that once Voss is out of ammo, it's faster to pick up kits than getting reload.

Comment

i sucked with the voss on a game i was playing on in camp gib last night, i got very little kills and just plane sucked, then i swithched to the Baur and started getting kills with it.

Comment

Originally posted by OriJuice
                      The Baur is accurate, but the recoil makes it inaccurate very quickly. Single shots with the Baur are probably the best thing to do.
                      In single shot mode, the Baur is extremely accurate, especially at a distance. The Baur seems to be best at mid-range, where you can take out your target before it sees you. But not in CQC where the Voss excels.

Comment

If I remember right someone had said earlier the Voss sprays in a cone like pattern; thats probably why lol. The Baur is pretty to the point.

Comment

no its not. i was just using it on some server where i had 30 ping and really good framerate. You spray close range at an enemy, they practically die instantly (well that might just be me) and theres bullets smashing 10 square feet of wall behind them.

Comment

Voss: aim soot, make take a bit of practice
                            Baur: aim at chest foirst then shoot, may have to move down.

dispite the voss's noobyness it does take some practice.

Comment

as mentioned before.... stock assault weapons ftw!

try playing clanmod to improve your skill with the stock guns.

Comment

Working...
                              X