Squad leading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squad leading

Not a full guide just thought i'd share some things i've learnt.

Squad leader must stay alive for the squad to stay alive obviously.
    - Generally the best kit is medic despite what server you are on.
    - Do not cap any flags or get close to any flags if there is a posibility of you dieing.

For a squad to attack a base which is full of enermies, for best success, the attackers need to attack from many sides.
    -To do this the squad leader must use his squad who spawn on him and head to flag as a distraction.
    -Use them to allow you to move around to another side of base to get another angle of attack. As your squad die and spawn on you, you eventually get several angles of attack on the enemy. (This is very important)

Maneuver your squad to the right opposition
    -Simply put, a squad of 6 men should be attacking flags or areas with 4+ enemies presents.
    -If you run a squad of 6 people to the back of karkand to only suffer resistence of 1 man at a time, you are wasting 3 if not more men, who should be fighting.
    -On the flip side, if you have a squad of 2 or 3, go for the bases to the side where your squad will find less resistence.

Use your squad members as a distraction to get to the back bases.
    -Send your men to attack a base with a lot of resistence
    -Now you run to a further back flag which is important to cap
    -If your squad succeed in taking the flag, they can join you, if they fail they can spawn on you and cap the flag you are at.
    -The distraction by your squad should allow you to slip past to a back base. Good timing is essential.
    -Also if your squad get overwhelmed, retreat back a bit to let them spawn.

Finally observation is very important. Look at the flags on your map, work out where the enemy will be. Also your job is not to fight unless your survival is garenteed, spot long range enemies but do not stop and kill them.

This guide is very effective on public servers, some of the points i have taken from people who play at a level above public servers.

Originally posted by DontKnockIt225
    Not a full guide just thought i'd share some things i've learnt.

Squad leader must stay alive for the squad to stay alive obviously.
    - Generally the best kit is medic despite what server you are on.
    - Do not cap any flags or get close to any flags if there is a posibility of you dieing.
    Good basic guide.

The only thing I would disagree with is this. I think the best kits for squad leader are either support or sniper.

1. Sniper-He'll be hidden. He's powerful and can fire the opening shots to catch the enemy off guard. You can shoot at long range...no need to get close enough to die. Just let your squad keep spawning.

2. Support-Has armor (so he can take some more damage). Can give extra spamnades to his squad when they run out. Provides fire superiority to squadmates while attacking, and generally kicks the infantry's butts.

The reason I don't say medic is because what's the use of you going and reviving your men if you're going to die in a minute? Just make sure there's a medic in your squad and you won't have to be one yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumintiger
      Good basic guide.

The only thing I would disagree with is this. I think the best kits for squad leader are either support or sniper.

1. Sniper-He'll be hidden. He's powerful and can fire the opening shots to catch the enemy off guard. You can shoot at long range...no need to get close enough to die. Just let your squad keep spawning.

2. Support-Has armor (so he can take some more damage). Can give extra spamnades to his squad when they run out. Provides fire superiority to squadmates while attacking, and generally kicks the infantry's butts.

The reason I don't say medic is because what's the use of you going and reviving your men if you're going to die in a minute? Just make sure there's a medic in your squad and you won't have to be one yourself.
      The guide is not too basic, believe it or not people do not understand or follow this.

Im going to have to argue with you on these points.

No offense i assume you play public server, but ill show you why you are wrong here.

1. You say sniper is hidden. Sniper has the biggest head hitbox in bf2 and is most vulnerable class to any attack. Using sniper as a long range spawn point suggests you remain still. This takes away your ability to get your squad to set up several angles on your opponants. Staying still makes you incredibly vulnerable if spotted by commander or anyone around.

2. Support has body armour okay, but to gain 40% extra health at the cost of not being able to heal yourself is a rediculous trade. Not only that you cannot run as far because of body armour.
      If your using nades it suggests you are confident that you will not die thus theres few enemies and 4 nades is enough or your too close and risking your life too much. Squad leader should not risk his own life.
      Also support attract the most attention to itself compared to any other class because their bullets can be seen in the air.

3. Medic. You be a medic to heal yourself and keep yourself a live. Reviving your squad will get you killed unless you know its incredibly safe. Medic are also more superior at fighting against surprise attacks compared to sniper or support.

Maybe im not too clear or people are too stubborn to change their way and realise when good advice is being given. I assure you this works just do what it says and not your own interpreted version :salute:

Comment

Here's a pretty good guide I wrote with lots of feedback on effective squad leadership.

Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

Comment

Nice guide. I think the best kit for squad leader is engineer tho. Especially on infantry only.

if u don't be engineer, then be anti-tank. Especially on infantry only.

Comment

Medic is the best for SL since you can stay alive using your medicpacks.

Comment

In regular BF2, if youre a squadleader that stays back, Anti-Tank is the best kit. This way, your squad can focus on being as anti-infantry as possible and you can take the burden off their backs by being prepared for vehicles.

Comment

^^Yup, and the AT launcher is even more effective in IO

Comment

Originally posted by DontKnockIt225 View Post
                  Maybe im not too clear or people are too stubborn to change their way and realise when good advice is being given. I assure you this works just do what it says and not your own interpreted version
                  Maybe they're more successful playing it their way. Maybe they can survive longer playing the way they want to play. Please, offer tips, don't give orders. It's not advice if you are telling us to do it and giving commands. I assure you this works just do what I said and you won't get any flames directed at you.

Comment

i just love how people say things like... good basic guide. Good guide, also this this and this.

But in reality the people who comment and criticise are far worse than the standard being given in the guide.

Comment

Re: Squad leading

LOL OWNED

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

Good basic guide, thanks.

It is important to point out that the squad leader should not lead attacks, but rather stay back, support, identify threats and give orders to the squad.

I don't think a sniper is ideal because it would keep the squad leader too far from the action to be an effective support to the assault. Besides, having one less shooter in the assault can be critical. Finally, it gives too much legwork for the squad to get back into the fight.

Support is a logical choice for squad leader, because reloading is always necessary after an assault. Med is not so good, because giving health or reviving mates is too risky for the squad leader: he needs to stay alive safely to give respawn. Spec Ops can also be a good choice because of lower detection by UAV or radar, and being able to set traps with C4, and good mobility when a retreat or going into hiding is necessary.

Comment

What are all the basic (and/or best) key commands used for squad leading?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Chevy-SS
                              What are all the basic (and/or best) key commands used for squad leading?

thanks
                              Hold down T to access the tactical commo rose to place orders or requests to the commander, or you can use the caps lock map and right-click to do the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X