Medic Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medic Guide

If you think you still need some guidance being a medic in BF2 you can check out my Medic Guide:

=CGHQ= ElFipso’s BF2 Medic Guide

1. Introduction
    2. Supposed use of medics
    3. Equipment
    Weapons
    Weapon charts
    Med Packs
    Defibrillators
    4. Tactics and Tips
    5. Summary

1. Introduction

Welcome to the colorful world of BF2 medics, ElFipso here with his Battlefield 2 Medic class guide. Having spent a lot of hours playing as medic on the streets of Karkand and of course on other maps I will try to pass my knowledge to all you enthusiastic medics out there. I hope to provide you basic information about the class as well as some tips to be an appreciated member of a squad.

2. Supposed use of medics

The medic class in Battlefield 2 is one of the most powerful, if not the most, classes in the game. Great weapons (stock and unlocks) and the ability to heal and revive makes the medic not only an irreplaceable teammate but also an assault force with outstanding firepower.
    Even thought the weapons tease to engage the enemy on first front, the main objective of the medics is to keep the team alive and fighting. Some of you might already have made the experience of taking out nearly a whole squad, maybe 5 of 6 enemies, but finally dying and then hearing the voice of the last remaining enemy who revives all of the 5 guys you just beat. Especially on the loved and hated “Infantry Only” mode, provided with the latest patch, medics play an important role on the battlefield. A team with fewer medics will be more likely to loose the match because of just more “real” deaths than the other team.

3. Equipment

To know the equipment of each class is very important for you as player. As you may know there are weapons that are better used depending on the map. But also your personal preference plays a bigger role in choosing the right weapon/unlock.
    In general, the stock weapons (the weapons you start with i.e. not the unlock weapons) are quite accurate and powerful. There’s is no need to choose any unlock other than your personal preference.
    Being a Karkand IO whore I have my best personal experience with the USMC and MEC weapons. The PLA stock weapon AK-47 is similar to the MEC’s AK-101, you can see the charts at the end for comparison.

M16A2:
    The USMC stock assault trifle M16A2 is an accurate and medium powerful weapon. It fires either in a 3 round burst or in single shot. The burst mode should be your choice for Close Quarter Combat (CQC), the single shot is best used for larger distances.

AK-101:
    The MEC stock assault rifle comes with full automatic mode and single shot. This weapon is really powerful but lacks accuracy if fired in full auto. Always try to shoot in small burst of
    2-4 bullets if you engage enemies at medium distance. The AK-101 is the optimal choice for CQC because of its power. If you come around a corner and encounter an enemy, just hold down the trigger. It will spray but your chances are good. For larger distances you should use the single shot.

Pistols:
    As a medic you will rarely be forced to use your pistol. The pistols differ mainly in design. They are of good accuracy but of course with less power. Also, in scoped mode you have no good view of your target. Practice is the key to master the pistols and become deadly with them. You will need to fire fast and compensate constantly for the recoil which makes the crosshair move upwards after each shot. Shooting fast and moving your mouse slightly downwards does the trick. Don’t safe your ammo. You will need to fire nearly a whole clip into an enemy.

Knife:
    Well, yeah, you should read a knife guide for this. Usually the knife is a good CQC weapon. Practice and then you might get good at it. I prefer my guns.

Grenades:
    Use them wisely and don’t spam them. You just have a few of them. Grenades have good splash damage and a well placed grenade can take out multiple enemies. Grenades are of less use against heavy armor but are effective against light vehicles.

Defibrillator/shock paddles (def):
    Yes, indeed, you can use the def as a weapon. And in certain situations it even beats the knife in CQC. The deadly use of the def is mainly concentrated in humiliating unaware enemies or in unexpected encounters of enemies, when you run to revive a teammate with your def out but encounter an enemy at the corpse. There is no need to pull out your gun, just paddle him. Due to the quite long reload time of the def you should then switch to your main gun in case you missed the enemy. The def has a slight bigger range than the knife and can so be used if the enemy is out of knife range. The def is, as well as the knife, a CQC weapon for experienced players.

L85A1 (1st Tier unlock):
    Personally, I really hate this gun. There is no (non sniper-) weapon I get “one shot killed” that much but that I just cannot use effectively. And here’s the big point about this weapon. It is really deadly in the right hands but a pain if you can’t master it. The L85A1 can be shot in full auto and in single shot. It has a mounted scope which makes it a good choice for distance combat. In full auto mode it is great for CQC. It also does good damage. And having stated this it should be the best weapon of all. A lot of people rely completely on that gun saying it is the best gun in the game. But nearly the same amounts of people complain about the bullet deviation (spraying) and the toyish sound it makes. In my opinion this gun is the most special of all medic weapons because of its special behavior. I can happen that you lie prone and shoot a whole clip at a nonmoving target in single shot missing every shot. But you get one shot killed by the mentioned target with the same gun. I suggest trying it out for a few rounds and if it suits you you’re lucky. I still try it from time to time but never had good results with it.

G36E (2nd Tier unlock):
    Finally the other most loved and also most hated gun in the game. Why? Because it is just great! It can be fired in 3 round burst or single shot. The G36E is deadly accurate in both modes and it actually hits where you aim at. The G36E is not the most powerful medic rifle but its accuracy makes up for it. It is a bit better in any aspect than the M16A2 (USMC stock weapon). There is nothing more to say about the G36E. You will love it and your enemies will hate it. If you do use the G36E prepare yourself to be called a “G36E noob/whore”, but don’t care about that. There’s nothing wrong in using the weapon you like the best. There’s nothing like “G36E bullet spam”.

Weapon charts:
    The weapon charts were taken from http://wiki.bf2s.com/weapons. They did a great work there.

M16A2
    Army USMC
    Class ***/Med
    Magazine Capacity 30
    Extra magazines 5
    Damage 30
    Rate of Fire (Rounds per Minute) 900
    Reload time 4.4
    Draw Time 1.2
    Fire Modes Single / Burst
    Min Deviation 0.3
    Deviation Standing / Crouching / Prone 1.5/1.3/1
    Deviation Mod when Zoomed 0.8
    Deviation Added per Shot 0.3 (2)
    Recoil 0.1 - 0.6
    Recoil when Zoomed 0.8
    Zoom magnification (fold) 1.67
    Shots to Kill Non Armor 4
    Shots to Kill Armor 5

AK-101
    Army MEC
    Class ***/Med
    Magazine Capacity 30
    Extra magazines 5
    Damage 37
    Rate of Fire (Rounds per Minute) 600
    Reload time 5
    Draw Time 0.7
    Fire Modes Single / Auto
    Min Deviation 0.45
    Deviation Standing / Crouching / Prone 1.3/1.2/1
    Deviation Added per Shot 0.45 (2)
    Recoil 0.4 - 0.6
    Recoil when Zoomed 0.8
    Shots to Kill Non Armor 3
    Shots to Kill Armor 4

AK-47
    Army China
    Class ***/Med
    Magazine Capacity 30
    Extra magazines 5
    Damage 38
    Reload time 4
    Draw Time 1.2
    Fire Modes Single / Auto
    Min Deviation 0.45
    Deviation Standing / Crouching / Prone 1.3/1.2/1
    Deviation Added per Shot 0.45 (2.3)
    Recoil 0.4 - 0.6
    Recoil when Zoomed 0.8
    Shots to Kill Armor 4

L85A1
    Army Unlock1
    Class Medic
    Magazine Capacity 30
    Extra magazines 5
    Damage 34
    Reload time 4
    Draw Time 1
    Fire Modes Single / Auto
    Min Deviation 0.3
    Deviation Standing / Crouching / Prone 1.5/1.3/1.2
    Deviation Added per Shot 0.3 (2.5)
    Recoil 0.3 - 0.5
    Recoil when Zoomed 0.6
    Zoom magnification (fold) 2.5
    Shots to Kill Armor 5

G36E
    Army Unlock2
    Class Medic
    Magazine Capacity 30
    Extra magazines 5
    Damage 32
    Rate of Fire (Rounds per Minute) 900
    Reload time 3.8
    Draw Time 1.2
    Fire Modes Single / Burst
    Min Deviation 0.25
    Deviation Standing / Crouching / Prone 1.3/1.2/1.1
    Deviation Added per Shot 0.25 (2.5)
    Recoil 0.3 - 0.3
    Recoil when Zoomed 0.8
    Zoom magnification (fold) 1.43
    Shots to Kill Non Armor 4
    Shots to Kill Armor 5

Med Packs:
    The Med Packs are used to heal your injured teammates. You can just hold them and approach the teammate until you hear the healing sound. You can also throw them on the ground. Any passing, injured player (enemies too) will get completely healed when walking over a med pack. You have a limited amount of med packs you can throw at a time. They will “reload” after that. You can heal being in a vehicle and heal players that are in a vehicle. Every time you throw a med pack your character will shout something like “Medic, here!”. Every player in a certain radius will hear it.

Defibrillators/Shock paddles (def):
    Using the def will revive your severely injured teammates. You can revive being in any position, standing, crouching, prone and even running. But not sprinting. I usually revive while running or standing because it’s faster to get away again. There is no need to aim exactly at the chest to revive. Reload time for def is pretty long. Every time you revive/use your def your character will shout something like “Clear, you’re good to go!”. Every player in a certain radius will hear it.

4. Tactics and Tips

As said before the supposed use of the medics in Battlefield 2 is to keep the team alive and fighting. To do this the medic should always hang back behind the squad (yes, you should ALWAYS join a squad). If a squad member (SM) gets injured they can drop back to the medic’s position and get healed. The medic can give cover fire but should be aware that the survival of his squad is bound to his own survival. A squad leader (SL) could therefore play as medic as he should also stay alive to provide a spawn point for fallen SM. Fallen SM, you ask? Yes, of course you will not always be able to rescue all of you teammates. There nothing good in running into the bullets of the enemies to revive a teammate. You will be killed in the attempt.
    And here’s an important point: Try to kill the enemies before you revive!
    There is not much that is more frustrating than being revived and killed in the same moment. Usually the reviving medic gets killed too by the enemy camper.
    I know that in the heat of the firefight it will drive you to the dying teammate to revive but be sure that you will not get shot during the procedure. If you can revive from a covered position you can revive and if your teammate gets shot again you can get information of the camper’s position. Get out of your cover and kill the camper if you think you can.
    There will be times when the corpse of a “dead” teammate is partly stuck in structures like walls etc. In this case your def will not always work. You should then throw a med pack at the dead body. It will move slightly and hopefully make the revive possible.
    Always revive the SL first. He will then be able to get to a safe position and provide a spawn point for the fallen SM.
    A common behavior that can be observed is throwing med packs while capturing a flag. Don’t do that! If the flag still shows the enemy colors it is likely that there are enemies around. These will be alerted by your character shouting while throwing the packs. Once the flag turns white you can throw the med packs you like. But don’t draw attention before.
    And remember that med packs can also be used by your enemy. Spamming them in an uncontrolled area can thus be contra productive.

5. Summary

I hope my guide will help you playing the medic class in Battlefield 2. In the end it still requires a bit of practice and experience to judge situations and to move correctly.
    The medic class is one of the most versatile classes in the game and the class to rack up a lot of points per round.
    On “Infantry Only” servers you will often find squads composed ONLY by medics and you will see that these players will rack up the most points and have the fewest deaths being the best squad of the round. That’s for a reason!
    But one last suggestion! Please, if you choose to play medic: DO YOUR JOB! There is nothing more annoying than shouting for med packs or revives just to see one or even more medics passing you by without even trying to help. It’s your job to heal and revive.
    You’re dismissed, go out and help your team. Good luck soldier!

=CGHQ= ElFipso

wow, well I take the "0" replies as a compliment

Comment

Means its perfect

Comment

Nice guide. It will be good that you post here instead of that link.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by farooqaaa View Post
          Nice guide. It will be good that you post here instead of that link.

Thanks

OK, I can do that - done

Comment

Re: Medic Guide

LOL OWNED

Comment

This is a well good guide.

Comment

Originally posted by DontKnockIt225 View Post
                This is a well good guide.
                Thanks

Comment

In the heat of battle its all forgotten

Comment

ohhh i have a great one.

Stick your head in the wall whilst spamming medic packs to not die from nades that land next to you.

To do this go prone whilst facing the wall. Hold W key to keep pushing into the wall. When like this, nades will take yu to half life. Spam medic packs and you'll be able to withstand many nades.

This is great for when you wish to revive a dead team mate and nades are being thrown at the corpse.

Comment

eh, yeah, whatever...

Comment

After my entire BF2 carrier, i've only just started using the G36E. I was one of those peopel you consider deadly with the SA-80/L85, although the G36 is a lot, lot better for close up shooting

Comment

Sorry this sounds noob, but how do you use g36e? I picked it up today, and found it terribly hard. I'm not a new player, just i never had the gun appeal to me.
                          Close range I found it terrible when facing more than 1 opponant because the crosshair got too big -.-.

@elfipso try dropping a nade next to you (right click with a nade) and stick your head into a wall. You will find the nade will only take you down to half life. This is because the head i think takes about 4x damage as a body shot.

I got another...
                          put the two side buttons on your mouse to prone and crouch. So when you pull your thumb back over the two buttons you crone then crouch which makes you essentially "pop up and down". This allows you to spam this behind objects for great kills ^^. I am full of these today. Perhaps i should write a book.

Comment

I just quote my sig:

Por qué no te callas?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
                              After my entire BF2 carrier, i've only just started using the G36E. I was one of those peopel you consider deadly with the SA-80/L85, although the G36 is a lot, lot better for close up shooting
                              BF2 carrier lol

Comment

Working...
                              X