Horrible Lag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horrible Lag

I installed SF recently and was excited about the night maps. Upon playing one of them in single player, I experienced atrocious lag. I tried turning down the graphics settings but it didn't help. Also, all other maps work lag-free. I have a computer w/ an excellent graphics card and 2 gigs of ram. Any suggestions?

I'm afraid that we still need to know all of your system specs to be able to help you. Including cpu, ram, gpu, ect.

Comment

OK, I have an HP Dv9000 with an Intel Core 2 CPU @ 1.66@ghz, 2048 mb of ram and an Nvidia Geoforce GO 7600 graphics card.

Comment

Is it me or is the 1.66GHz screaming no?

Comment

Originally posted by BabaGurGur View Post
          Is it me or is the 1.66GHz screaming no?
          its a laptop. cpu should be 'ok', but that 7600 GO is a little weak. try turning down all graphics settings to low. what resolution are you playing at? also it could be the wireless causing the lag. perhaps try playing hooked up to Ethernet to see if wireless is the problem.
          "Crunch's First Officer"
          twitter: @signaprime

Comment

I played single player, and turned down the graphics, no effect. I can play regular maps online with max graphics and it runs extremely smoothly.

Comment

On my brothers laptop if cant play night cause of the lag.

Have you updated driver etc.

Comment

let me try, are you talking about my video driver?

Comment

Yarp, download latest drivers from their website!

Comment

did it, I found out something really weird. I was testing the new driver and i had a snipe and the second i zoomed in the lag went away,

Comment

SF uses more resources than BF2 vanilla thus causing lower frame rates. Try cutting down your AA if it's on.

Comment

Ok thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X