Anyone tried America's Army ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried America's Army ?

What do you think to it compared to BF2 ? I've just installed it but haven't had a go yet.

Originally posted by UKseagull
    What do you think to it compared to BF2 ? I've just installed it but haven't had a go yet.
    Played it about 2 years , but then i bought BF2 and stop playing it immediately.
    Read wikipedia article or something.

Comment

It cant be compared to bf2 at all. AAO is strictly infantry, and it tries hard to be a combat sim (and does a pretty good job)

bf2 is mainly about vehicles and big maps. it's arcady and the only realism in it are the names of weapons, and vehicles, and the models of guns and vehicles.

Comment

I actually love Americas Army, but I do agree that it should not be compared to BF2. When i want realism i play AA, when i want to drive people over with tanks I play BF2.

Comment

AA had me for a week or too then the cheap graphics and engine finally took their toll and I went back to day of defeat and BF:V

and wrong forum.

Comment

Been playing it since 1.9. One of the best infantry games I`ve played imho, only the people (admins, elitist ****s) make it tiresome most of the times. Nothing feels better than owning the living **** out of a 100 honour with your 45 honour account and then getting banned.
            I`ve been whoring pipeline and weapons cache from the start, so I`m pretty good at those maps.

Comment

i played a tiny bit to see waht it was about. the training is nice but didnt really like the gameplay. i got so confused between the enemy and the indigenous guys..so many tks -_-. graphics alot better than i thought. but as of now..im sticking with PR

Comment

I have tried this game and honestly I don't like it, it's not fun for me at all. It can't be compared because it's nowhere near as good as BF2, which to me is like the best game ever.

I hate the feel of AA and think it's stupid that no matter which side you go on you're the "good" guys and your enemy is always the "bad" guy. It's also pretty gay that they have an honor system and you need a certain amount to join some servers.

Comment

Did TGN drop it or something? It's not in the new top bar.

Comment

Originally posted by BabaGurGur
                    WHY THE **** DO U COME TO BF2 FORUMS TO ****ING TALK ABOUT AA, GO TO THE FLIPPING AA FORUMS FFS!

GTFO.

No offense
                    No offence taken Currently I think that BF2 is the most enjoyable game that I've ever played, I recently bought COD4 but the small maps ruin what could have been a great game, that's just my opinion of course.

I posted the question here because I know that the other folks will almost certainly be BF2 players (clever eh !) and if they've also tried AA then they will be able to compare the two and let me know their opinions. I could have posted on an AA forum but perhaps not many of them have played BF2.

And by the way STOP SHOUTING, what are you... a teenager or something ?

No offence !

Comment

I played AA until I got BF2. One thing I really liked about AA were the maps. Someone should remake some AA maps for CoD4 like pipeline and sf hospital...

Comment

I played AA for a very long time. I have a 72 honor account, but the engine is so out dated that it ruins it. The admins of the servers ruin it and their are a lot of unplayed maps that are actually some of the best in the game. If I were you I would give it a go, but I honestly can't see you playing it for a while. The gameplay gets borning after a while because you'll play a round and get naded in the first 30 seconds and then sometimes you'll have to wait up to 6-7 minutes for the next round to begin and its rather annoying waiting for that long, in my opinion. I've tried going back to it but I just get really bored, really fast. Unlike in BF2 there is constant action on any map you play which I like in an online FPS, and I don't think that AA provides that. But, hey. Its your decision.

And on a side note, the AA dev's are making a whole new game in the fall of 2008 (AA3.0), which will be a entire new game. New maps, new engine, improvement on weapons etc, but the system requirments will obviously go much higher then the game right now. But, if you're computer can't handle the new game, they are still going to have dev's working on AA2.0 so their will be 2 AA games. AA 3.0 (when it comes out) and more 2.0 versions. Its at 2.8.3 right now and rumour has it that they are working on 2.8.3.1 to fix up some bugs and stuff that they did when they made reload times faster and reduced flash grenade damage.

Comment

i downloaded Americas army the other day...dont really like it that much but havent had a chance to play it online just yet so not sure what its like...but the training and stuff was pretty boring.. and the graphic and sound quality do it as much justice as a fat person ordering a diet coke...

Comment

Thanks for your replies folks, I've had a go at the rifle training but boredom got the better of me, still have more training to contend with . . . some other time perhaps ! :cry:

Comment

i loved the hole training thing, and have a certain amount of points to get into servers filtered out all the noobs, was a good idea. was a good game actully

Comment

Working...
                              X