Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ECP is looking for Writers and Editors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ECP is looking for Writers and Editors.

(Warning: Incoming semi-off topic Wall of Text)

Hey guys, I'm sure a lot of you are tired about hearing about the EncyClanPedia; but I'm caught in a predicament that is getting out of hand. We're turning into a static site, where only I'm doing any editing. Considering how popular the ECP has become since I put up the Call of Duty 4 Weapon's Database., I consider that a crime...

I really do need help with the Wiki. I alone am not capable of writing up a page on every single video game in existence, especially when I'm pre-occupied with side-projects that're bent on improving the ECP even further. I need content writers like Vreki, Vika09 and Therealmat to fill in the blanks that I've forgotten about, to remind me of whats really important in a MediaWiki made for gaming.

So, I'm turning to you guys again for help, and boy, I really do need it.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

What you would write about is simple: Anything to do with gaming counts on the ECP.

There are quite literally tens of thousands of games out there. I'd love for them all to have a Wiki page on in the EncyClanPedia. - Of course, there is more to our site than just Information Databases, Clan-Wiki's and Game-Wiki's.

Perhaps you're a fan of Captain MacMillan, and the All Ghillied up stage? Maybe you'd like to write up a page about Captain MacMillan, or Captain Price, or even all of the characters of Call of Duty 4. Maybe you'd like to write up a walk-through on the All Ghillied up stage? Maybe theres something important missing on the Call of Duty 4 page?

Unlike Wikipedia, or even Call of Duty 4's Wikia - The ECP will accept anything that has to do with gaming, and the administrators will do their best to integrate every tidbit of information into the Wiki network, so your contributions will never go un-noticed.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

And if you don't know how to write a Wiki?

You can start with these two pages:

Those two pages have all of the basics written down in a manner that is easy to understand. Even nobody with any writing, or HTML experience will be able to write out a Wiki page after reading through those pages.

But if thats not enough, you can end with these three pages:

Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

Those are three pages where I can be contacted at. I'm more than willing to help contributors get started. So don't be afraid to add me to X-fire to ask me a question. Don't be afraid to sign up with TGN to make a thread asking for help. There are other contributors and editors out there who're just as helpful as I am. All you need to do is make the effort.

Hmmm I suppose...I added you on xfire we can talk

Comment

Am I the only one who's got love for MacMillan and Price?

Well, I guess you guys can add onto what already exists... or you can make a page for the many other characters that still lack a page.

Come on guys. Show some love. They deserve it.

Comment

Me thoughts you released our secret project...

I may go back to article writing now that tis done.

Comment

Ive just come here to say sorry that i cant contribute and help. I really wish i could but i simply cant find the time at the moment with a new job, work and family pressures laying down on me.

When im free i will be sure to let you know and take on any work, but for now i cant afford to take on anything else.

Keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator View Post
            Ive just come here to say sorry that i cant contribute and help. I really wish i could but i simply cant find the time at the moment with a new job, work and family pressures laying down on me.

When im free i will be sure to let you know and take on any work, but for now i cant afford to take on anything else.

Keep up the good work.
            A sentence a day keeps Dairuka at bay.

Comment

Originally posted by Webs961 View Post
              A sentence a day keeps Dairuka at bay.
              Exnay on the rhymestay otay?

Comment

Comment

For Captain.Price, you have the level called "Freaking new guy." It's really "****ing" new guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Tango9
                    For Captain.Price, you have the level called "Freaking new guy." It's really "****ing" new guy.
                    Thats done on purpose.

We don't allow profanity, or even mock profanity on the EncyClanPedia. :salute:

Comment

Working...
                    X