Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idling Issues

Hi,

I have a question about idling that is really starting to bother me. I am frequently kicked for idling, and the only reason that I could think why this would be done is to make room for other players. Forgive me if I am overlooking the obvious, but why are players kicked for idling (even when the servers I play on are not near full, and I do play well)?

Probably, yeah, to kick AFK people so that people who do want to play can join the server instead. Idle times can be adjusted by the server owners so some servers have longer idle times than others, and many have no idle kicks at all. The server you got kicked from that wasn't full was probably just set up with an idle time by default and nobody bothered to change it. Most servers I've seen have it set to 5 minutes which gives people with slower comps ample time to load the map, pick a squad or wait for a base to be capped, or go take a leak or have a smoke break, etc. You might want to ask the server admin what the idle kick time is on that server and maybe he can adjust or remove it if the server's never full. *shrugs*

~Wolfgang

Comment

to make room for other players an not leave your team at a disadvantage as a result of 1 player taking up a slot yet not helping the team =)

Comment

im a bugger for idling. i go on a server now that never kicks me even if i have a bath so i stick with that one if i can. i play every other game so its better that way, i always have a cuppa and a smoke after a round.

Comment

plus it prevents stats padding. nothing beats a free killing spree on some idle afk player =P

Comment

Yeah and it means you cant pad your army/kit hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooby McMoob View Post
              Yeah and it means you cant pad your army/kit hours.
              true. thats an important point i didnt think about.

Comment

Always idle on Warlord as SAS spawning at the parachute spawn. At least everyone will have a laugh.
                Have seen some guys idling there rofl

Comment

Working...
                X