X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error code: inadequate o/s privilege

when i want to log into a online map, it says "" inadequate o/s privilege""
    what should i do?

Right-click, select 'Run as Administrator'.

~Wolfgang

Comment

lol yeah i was getting that when i first started it was driving me crazy! but like wolfgang said just right click the BF2 icon and run as admin... u only have to do it once

Comment

yeah i tried but it doesnt work...also im the only administrator on the computer ...anything else?

Comment

hmm try re-install?

Comment

Read the stickies?

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealWolfgang View Post
              Right-click, select 'Run as Administrator'.

~Wolfgang
              Or to make it permanent rather than temporary right click the shortcut goto properties, goto compatibility then select run as administrator there then apply/ok.

Comment

You should probably reinstall it if it doesn't work running as admin.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximum8exposure View Post
                  yeah i tried but it doesnt work...also im the only administrator on the computer ...anything else?
                  You still have to right click run as admin. Just trust me. I'm the only admin on this PC and it doesn't work unless i right click run as admin.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximum8exposure
                    when i want to log into a online map, it says "" inadequate o/s privilege""
                    what should i do?
                    ditch vista ... its a dog of an OS and generally is out performed by XP in every aspect

Comment

dont ditch vista u should be able to play it fine...if right clicking the shortcut to BF2 didnt work try a re-install and then when u run it for the first time run as admin... u dont have to go into settings or anything once u have right clicked the shortcut and clicked run as admin once u never have to do it again... well atleast i didnt have to and im running vista

Comment

Originally posted by Namakan View Post
                        You still have to right click run as admin. Just trust me. I'm the only admin on this PC and it doesn't work unless i right click run as admin.
                        If you are unable to run as administrator on your main account (which you should be able to) you could try using the admin account.

There is a disabled by default admin account that has elevated privaliges, you can enabled it by going to run and typing secpol.msc > Local Policies > Security Options > Double click 'Accounts: Administrator Account Status' > Select Enable and apply, switch user and log in as Administrator, then right click the BF2 .exe in its directory folder and set run as administrator, this should stick when you log back into your account.

(there are other ways of enabling the elevated admin account)

It should work with the methods stated above, you should not have to re-install the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Repulse
                          If you are unable to run as administrator on your main account (which you should be able to) you could try using the admin account.

There is a disabled by default admin account that has elevated privaliges, you can enabled it by going to run and typing secpol.msc > Local Policies > Security Options > Double click 'Accounts: Administrator Account Status' > Select Enable and apply, switch user and log in as Administrator, then right click the BF2 .exe in its directory folder and set run as administrator, this should stick when you log back into your account.

It should work with the methods stated above, you should not have to re-install the game.

I mean the game doesnt work unless I run as admin even though I am the only admin on this PC

I've had the elevated privileges on since i got the game

Comment

Originally posted by Repulse

hey mate.

i am for other reason wanting to activate the elevated admin account, but when i type in "secpol.msc" into the run tool it tells me it can not find it.

are there any other ways of turning it on?

cheers mate

Comment

uninstall Vista. Vista is to Windows what Bf2142 is to BF2. a temporary fix until windows 7 comes out. heck even Microsoft admitted they fukered Vista up and are dedicating their time to getting windows 7 ready. which they state Will without a doubt be released in Jan 09. but hey microsoft is smart, why not release a half working operating system and make billions off it to OEM PC companies so they can then put that money into windows 7 improvements and marketing. i mean there wasn't much money in XP anymore. most people have it, and if they didn't it was easy enough to *copy*

Comment

Working...
                              X