How many people hack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many people hack?

What's the vague percentage of people who hack on BF2? This isn't meant to be a confessions thread, I just always hear people complaining that the guy who just sniped them is hacking etc etc etc so it seems like at least half the people playing do.

So, does anyone know/could estimate how many?

A minimal amount over all actually hack.

95% of the time, the person being accused of hacking is just that good.

Comment

theres about 11k Punkbuster bans so anything higher than that i would guess

Comment

Originally posted by zone36
        A minimal amount over all actually hack.

95% of the time, the person being accused of hacking is just that good.
        Agreed. Half of all hackusations are just against normal people who are either very good, or just lucky. I have had accusations against myself as well.

I'd say about 1%-2%

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Alex
          I'd say about 1%-2%
          Agreed.

Actually I've seen people hacking but noone seemed to notice. It's really sad when you can't even get a positive K/D ratio with an aimbot.

Comment

yeah i dont think many people could be botherd hacking and like the other guys said its just moments of luck or pure brilliance that sticks u on the accused list.. i have never been accused of hacking so i guess that just means i got no skillz but i have to admitt i have had some VERY lucky kills which involved no skill whatsoever and was just clenching waiting to be kicked for hacking.. but around 99% are clean players punkbuster takes care of most the filth

Comment

lol another "hack" related thread, theres one every 2 months or so it seems. lol

but personally i think a very small percentage of people hack, in my experience. maybe 3%ish i would say. which is not that much really.

where as in another certain game i love (css) its riddled with hackers, but still not enough to make it unplayable i would say, i still enjoy it.

Comment

not sure about how many people hack, but in the past 3 days while I was playing in a certain server, at least 5 got banned for aimbot.

Comment

See my signature...

There are people who use helper programs to control specific parts of the game, but some players will argue that it's perfectly legitimate. I don't agree, but then again, I don't care enough to debate it anyway.

Comment

It's certainly more now than I remember there being before (or the ones nowadays just don't bother trying to disguise it anymore) but still a small percentage. Like people above said, maybe 1-2%. Funny, though...PB lets these people through, but people running their firewall or certain AV programs get kicked.

~Wolfgang

Comment

Everyone who owns me much be hacking!

Comment

I bann on average 2-3 players a month for blatent Aimbots . That's a 32 player infantry server that is busy in the evening.

I also kick for Macro users as well , although thats more of an over time thing rather than intant kick .

Comment

I've gotten banned from all my low ping i/o servers. Always accused of hacking, but no proof ever shown. The ones I do see hacking never seem to survive a round with semi-skilled players and don't stay long enough to get noticed by the admins.

Comment

My sexiness hacks have been known to melt servers

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto View Post
                              theres about 11k Punkbuster bans so anything higher than that i would guess
                              And you know this how? Didn't know that Punkbuster had made their ban list public, or ever said just how many they have banned.

And no Punksbusted and PBBans ban lists don't count, or an other anti-cheat organizations ban list.

Comment

Working...
                              X