Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Guide - COD4 Tactics

Hey guys,
    I know this is kinda late (as most of you are probably burnt out on COD4) but this video guide can be used for any game. For credibility, and just so you know I'm DEFINITELY blowing smoke up my ashe, here is my kill death ratio.

Let me know what you guys think of my video; if i get good reviews I'll create more.

Tactical Tips for COD4

Sooo after watching the video.

I think they were solid tactics to be used in RL or with under 10 player servers.

U need to go to full 32 man server and try to slice the corner in Wetwork... Ain't gonna happen..

Comment

Originally posted by StoneCold313
      Sooo after watching the video.

I think they were solid tactics to be used in RL or with under 10 player servers.

U need to go to full 32 man server and try to slice the corner in Shipment... Ain't gonna happen..

I will admit these tactics are designed for S&D type servers with around 12-16 players. I personally do not like 16 v 16 TDM, if I wanted to play that I'd go play Halo. Oh and Shipment with more than 3v3 = grenade fest. Not fun for me.

However, many people STILL slice the pie with 32 players... the difference is they "jump" (and I do it too) around the corner; hope'n to jump over the persons firing lane. While most would claim this is not tactical, it indeed is... or it wouldn't work. The catch of course is that it does not work in RL, but we're playing a game here.

I guess I should have made a disclaimer. These tactics mirror RL tactics, but I will be the first to admit; there is more, much more, options for tactics in the game. (such as bunny hopping around a corner)

Comment

^^

I remembered the map name wrong on my earlier post. Meant to say Wetwork..

Anyways, after playing swat 4, for quite a long time(Co-op and TDM), i still use some of the tactics what i used in that game(ie when entering a room with buddy, i don't block the door if there's enemy contact, i most of the time move to the corner or just run towards the enemy with guns blazing).

You can learn lot of things from the army, or just watching videos of SWAT/military room clearing techniques. Some of them do work on big servers, or in games general. But some of them only works if you modify them little bit...

What im meaning to say is that, good video, but like you said it too, they are meant for small servers...

:salute:

Comment

nice video

its a shame we can't lean in the console version

Comment

I liked the video. I think things like this are especially useful for players who are new to FPS games. Those of us who were lucky enough to find/join good clans or groups had many of these things taught to us, but those who just play on their own can often find these games frustrating at first.

Some thoughts and ideas...

I had to chuckle at the old "dying because I was talking too much"...I think almost all of us has experienced that while gaming. Might even be a topic for a future video...keep all voice comms as short and to the point as possible. Too much chatter distracts not only you, but others on your team (if using voice comms) and gets you dead. But I know you were only making a tips video, so it was to be expected...something you might want to think about, is making some vids first, and then adding your comments in later on if you know how and have the programs to do so.

Different tips for the different game-types and server sizes is also a good idea, as these will change depending on the gaming environment.

You also may want to get a friend with you on VOIP who also knows/understands these tactics, and make some example videos with him/her. You could also take them on a server with you, and make some "teamwork tactics" videos.

The debate has been had on these forums (and others) about the "RL tactics" vs "do whatever wins" tactics (including jumping corners, hopping, etc), and I'm not intending to start that up again...however I think that for FPS games that are set in more of a "RL" environment (like the COD's, MOH's, etc) that "RL" tactics should be emphasized more (as opposed to the sci-fi genre (Halo, UT, Quake) where anything goes). There's nothing like having an entire server full of decently skilled players who use "RL" tactics to immerse yourself in the experience. I personally would like to see more people adopt these when playing games like COD, and leave the "anything goes" stuff to the sci-fi shooters...vids like this will help in that regard.

I hope you make more.

Comment

Thanks for the video, I will be using these tactics a lot now. Now to get everyone to use them so we can have more fun. I'm hoping you make some more that was good.

Comment

Good video. Thanks for making it. Im glad you didnt make one that was all edited to only show non-stop pwnage with you not dying at all.

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

sick thanks dude! i always get killed by firing lanes, and this video also helped me to not be so agressive i.e not running into every room i see.
                  thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
                    I liked the video. I think things like this are especially useful for players who are new to FPS games. Those of us who were lucky enough to find/join good clans or groups had many of these things taught to us, but those who just play on their own can often find these games frustrating at first.

Some thoughts and ideas...

I had to chuckle at the old "dying because I was talking too much"...I think almost all of us has experienced that while gaming. Might even be a topic for a future video...keep all voice comms as short and to the point as possible. Too much chatter distracts not only you, but others on your team (if using voice comms) and gets you dead. But I know you were only making a tips video, so it was to be expected...something you might want to think about, is making some vids first, and then adding your comments in later on if you know how and have the programs to do so.

Different tips for the different game-types and server sizes is also a good idea, as these will change depending on the gaming environment.

You also may want to get a friend with you on VOIP who also knows/understands these tactics, and make some example videos with him/her. You could also take them on a server with you, and make some "teamwork tactics" videos.

The debate has been had on these forums (and others) about the "RL tactics" vs "do whatever wins" tactics (including jumping corners, hopping, etc), and I'm not intending to start that up again...however I think that for FPS games that are set in more of a "RL" environment (like the COD's, MOH's, etc) that "RL" tactics should be emphasized more (as opposed to the sci-fi genre (Halo, UT, Quake) where anything goes). There's nothing like having an entire server full of decently skilled players who use "RL" tactics to immerse yourself in the experience. I personally would like to see more people adopt these when playing games like COD, and leave the "anything goes" stuff to the sci-fi shooters...vids like this will help in that regard.

I hope you make more.

I'm not stationed in America anymore, so I'm a Ronin; clanless and without a master. Kinda wish now I spoke German... hehe However, I really wish I did have a clan that played during my active hours. I know a lot of tactics that work really well and I can explain their weakness vs a solo player. (such as clan grouping together too closely and solo player grenades them )

All of my tips will be for 16 player S&D type servers. I find that with more than 8 on your team (or on the other team) it gets to chaotic and people start doing the whole "anything goes to make a kill". I also try to play on HD servers as much as possible, and I also prefer the whole realistic type games over the sci-fi.

I don't have any real video editing software, using movie maker, xfire video capture, and my microphone. I think the next one I want to talk about what to look for before entering an area; as I discussed briefly before entering the back market area on the 3rd round. And maybe I'll discuss how to use c4... I rarely see anyone use it. It's so much more effective than claymores, or maybe I'll just keep that knowledge to myself!

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Comment

Very nice. Good Work.

Comment

Working...
                      X