Multiplayer problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiplayer problems

Thought I'd throw this one out there and see if I could find a solution...

Problem: Can't connect to servers, or show any servers in my server list on COD4. I'm on a university network, but have the ability to open up to 10 ports (or 5 ranges of 10 ports).

Action Taken: I've opened all the ports, so that's not the issue (see below) and I very much doubt it's the fault of the Master Server, as it's obviously talking to it, as it finds the servers, just doesn't display them.

My ports opened in my router settings:

My server list screen after the master server search is completed:

When trying to connect directly to another server, I get the usual message:

It's a great game to play in single player, but I basically got it for multiplayer.

Any techies out there able to shed some light on my problem?

Ta, Ser.

dont use the server browser it s buggy as hell. just go to www.game-monitor.com find a server you like and connect true ip whit consol.

Comment

how are you getting 15,000 servers? my browser only shows like 3000

Comment

Originally posted by srgtcollins
        how are you getting 15,000 servers?
        That's how many it says, first time trying to play online so I wouldn't know what the norm was.

Originally posted by ch3ch3n
        just go to www.game-monitor.com find a server you like and connect true ip whit consol.
        Tried that - interestingly it worked once (joining by console) with a friend in the states, but then hasn't worked since.

Beginning to frustrate me now!! I really wanted to be able to play online

Any other suggestions?

Ser.

Comment

bump... still dying here!

Interestingly - I managed one game on a server joining through xfire. After getting kicked because my PB couldn't update, I updated manually, but xfire crashed and I couldn't reconnect. Nor could I connect directly with the same IP through the console.

Are the ports I forwarded right?

If a server has a different port after the IP, will I still be able to join if it isn't forwarded? (e.g. xx.xx.xx.xx:30200)

Would xfire be causing me a problem?

Comment

My browser works fine. I get thousands of servers... A good quater of them being under 100 in ping. I'm in the UK.

Comment

Working...
            X