New Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Player

Well recently I have been looking to upgrade my computer. Finally I got some help and got the parts installed its over on the left in my profile. I really want to get into some FPS's for the pc. I already have cod4 for ps3 so I'm looking for a different game which lead me here. So I have a few questions about BF2.
    1. How well do you think it will run on my computer and on what settings. ( I use a low resolution 1024 x 768 I think)
    2. After being a World of Warcraft player I'm used to keybindings so I was wondering if I should change any of the keys or stick with the defaults. I don't wanna learn them all and find out something works better :shakehead
    3. Since I put all my money in the computer should I just go out and get regular BF2 or try and get enough money for the package of all the expansions I'm getting it tomorrow so I'm kinda hoping I can get an answer soon.

Well thanks in advance for any advice. I'll be on tomorrow so if anyone wants to play let me know :salute:
    Riddick12

1. Mediumish would work well I would think, consult here for settings and their impacts http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_5.html
    2. Depends on your taste, default works fine for me
    3. Well SF I would think is worth the extra money, but the booster packs are just decent. It really depends on how involved you are going to get in this game, if you are just going to play it casually a couple hours a week, vanilla would suffice.

Comment

yeah i have the complete collection and i enjoy every bit of it. but as rugerdog said, it depends on your prefernce and amount of time played.

Comment

Get complete collection, Special Forces still rocks!!

Comment

Alright thanks alot anybody got an answer for the first two.

Comment

2600 XT being tested on different games - Battlefield included...

Battlefield 2 (1024 by 768, antialiasing) = FPS: 60.99

Comment

1) what are your system specs? processor, ram, gfx card?

2) yes you can change the keys from the defaults.

Comment

Thanks a lot man I owe you guys one.

SkylineXZ check my system on the side under my name.

Comment

You'll be able to run everything on medium @ 1024 x 768 fine and get a decent fps...

Comment

So you guys got any tips whether it be from picking servers to driving vehicles to infantry I'll take any tips you guys got.

By the way my bf2 name is totalkaos12

Comment

Just play the game and in time you'll figure out what suits you. Some people love vehicles some love infantry. There are Infantry only maps if that's your thing. The same applies to servers. You just play around for a while and when you play on one that went well and the people appealed to you then save it to your favs. This is nothing like WoW so no need to bind keys really, You won't be casting 6 spells in a row on this battlefield. Now I don't know the legality but if you have a keyboard with macro keys it could be helpful for certain actions.

Comment

Working...
                      X