X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Manzi View Post
    OMGZ0RZ ITS A RIP OFF TF2Z0RZ

Comment

If BF:Heroes, is like TF2, I won't play it.

I dont feel anything for TF2, other than.. I'm playing a cartoon Counter Strike.

Comment

I dont think they stole anything from TF2, It was probally the best way to get a great looking game out that wont be graphically demanding.

Comment

Battlefield heroes looks like ****, TF2 doesn't. Is it that hard to figure out people? Besides, all EA has ever done is buy out other companies to make games. They really haven't done anything original.

Comment

Originally posted by CQ-Reborn View Post
            Battlefield heroes looks like ****, TF2 doesn't. Is it that hard to figure out people? Besides, all EA has ever done is buy out other companies to make games. They really haven't done anything original.
            Mutant league of hockey and mutant league of football for mega drive.

Comment

I think the BF series was something pretty unique.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator View Post
                I think the BF series was something pretty unique.
                Agreed.

Comment

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=34FmXlmF5tY[/media]

if that isn't unique i don't know what is.

Comment

Originally posted by BIFF EXPLODER View Post
                    [media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=34FmXlmF5tY[/media]

if that isn't unique i don't know what is.
                    What does that have to do with anything?

Comment

Originally posted by jake___
                      What does that have to do with anything?
                      ahahah its an old game from EA from the days of mega drive (sega genesis)

reborn said EA cant make unique games, well, thats pretty unique.

Comment

Originally posted by BIFF EXPLODER
                        ahahah its an old game from EA from the days of mega drive (sega genesis)

reborn said EA cant make unique games, well, thats pretty unique.
                        oooohhhhhh

Comment

Re: If any1 thinks EA stole the art concept from TF2

Originally posted by BIFF EXPLODER View Post
                          Mutant league of hockey and mutant league of football for mega drive.
                          I use to play the Mutant League games, didn't they make a cartoon too, good times. EA also included the Custom Character thing too though, that cool.

Comment

lol - there's lots of controversy going back and forth on this thread... So I couldn't resist posting a few of my own thoughts...

When I first saw some of the footage of BF:H, I did not think at all that it looked like TF2, but whatever...

Also, every company uses their own unique graphics engine, which varies on every game they produce, so EA isn't stealing anything.

I also agree with The_Eliminator when he said you'll find comparisons between every game, because some people already said that EA stole ideas from COD4 for Bad Company, (also regarding the graphics) which is really retarted. I mean c'mon guys! Bad Company is the first to ever be able to blow anything up and EA developed the new Frostbite engine around that whole idea, which is why Battlefield: BC is going to be such a huge hit. Just because the grahpics look similar doesn't mean much except for the fact that they look VERY, VERY good! :shock: (Every battlefield fan should buy it!)

TF2 was a huge success and I play it and it is very unique, fun, and addicting. The first time I saw it, I literally threw up (in my mouth) and told myself that Valve screwed up big time.

As it turns out, TF2 is probably one of the funnest and most popular online shooters. Plus it's cartoony! (Maybe that has something to do with it...) If anything, it is something that is considered "risky," and no doubt attracted a ton of players that craved the newness(?) and orginality of TF2. Not that the cartoon style is new, but it is rare among the growing-realistic games coming out now.

Even though realism seems to be the goal for many games now, no matter what - there will always be hardcore, die-hard fans.

EA does buy out lots of other companies but it's foolish to think that they've not come up with anything original, after all - every company out there in the world cannot possibly come up with 100% brand new content for a game. It's almost impossible to think of anything. Sure, in Bad Company you can blow anything and everything up for the first time, but that's one piece of the entire puzzle.

Everything, at one time has been done something previously before, so it's not like Cartoon Third Person Shooter's are brand new to the world...

Battlefield Heroes looks amazing, it's free, and I will definently play it! Therefore, every battlefield fan should at least try it. Don't be haterz!

Anyway, sorry - just my opinion (I like to debate!)

**And I never threw up in my mouth...

Comment

Originally posted by Marche View Post
                              I dont think that TF2 would have been half the success it was if they diddnt have the very distincting art style.
                              Yeah, I think that it would've just turned out to be another counter-strike(ish) game for Valve and would not be AS popular as it is now because of what they did with it. It's so fun and crazy and actually takes skill too.

Originally posted by Nike View Post
                              i really dont think it matters.....tf2 is a sucessful game and hopefully so will bfh
                              True dat.

Comment

Working...
                              X