So yeh

Well of course they'll say that.

Comment

I don't think it matters..

Comment

Originally posted by vika09 View Post
        I don't think it matters..
        QFT

If you compare every game you will find similarities between them all.

Comment

Do you think Project Gothem Racing for Xbox360 stole the idea and look from Ridge Racer 2 for the Playstation 1?

Come on, you can't create completely original graphics and art each time. If you look back, you'll find there are other games that use the cartoon style graphics...

Comment

Xiii

Comment

As Gustav and his team worked on this art style in the early phases of the project, we knew that there was a chance we could be compared to the small but well known group of PC shooters that have separated themselves from the standard realistic style with a cartoon look – most notably Monolith’s No One Lives Forever, Ubisoft’s XIII and Valve’s Team Fortress 2. We decide we would ignore the possibility of these comparisons and go with the style we believed in as a team — a style that fulfilled all the objectives I have detailed above.
              From the latest developer blog.

I don't think the game looks that much like TF2 anyway

Comment

TF2 was in the making for over 8 years. So that just over rules anything EA can say about BF Hereos.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevortt View Post
                  TF2 was in the making for over 8 years. So that just over rules anything EA can say about BF Hereos.
                  TF2 originally had a realistic, military look to it.

Comment

I dont think that TF2 would have been half the success it was if they diddnt have the very distincting art style.

Comment

hey Marche! (dogfighters back from the SP days :P)

I agree, TF2 was so successful due to its unique game style back also its graphics.

Comment

They both use a similar cell-shading style, but the screenshots and stuff that we have been seeing seems to be quite farther from TF2 that I originally guessed they might be.

Originally posted by Marche View Post
                        I dont think that TF2 would have been half the success it was if they diddnt have the very distincting art style.
                        He makes a good point. GFX aren't everything, but having a unique style can make a difference. So you could claim EA is jumping on the TF2 bandwagon...but I don't think its that big of a deal anyway.

Comment

i really dont think it matters.....tf2 is a sucessful game and hopefully so will bfh

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Crunch View Post
                            i really dont think it matters.....tf2 is a sucessful game and hopefully so will bfh
                            Exactly. :nod:

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X