anyone play cod4 on bf2 maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone play cod4 on bf2 maps

anyone here play cod 4.I played sharqi last night on cod4 it was pretty cool.

I never seem to find any custom maps for cod4,maybe they are on higher pinged server?I try to not look at and servers that look to be pinging over 80 for me.

Sound fun as hell tho.:salute:

Comment

that would be so fun.

Comment

Meh. I wasn't impressed.

Don't get me wrong, I love CoD4 and Sharqi. I'm just not loving the translation. It feels "cheap" and doesn't have the same flow.

We've decided not to run those remakes on our CoD4 custom maps server after testing them out. There is so much open ground that snipers completely dominate this map.

Hey, if you like it, more power to you. Opinions are personal, so I won't try to influence yours other than to say, expect there to be some major changes to your beloved Sharqi.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicPixel View Post
          Meh. I wasn't impressed.

Don't get me wrong, I love CoD4 and Sharqi. I'm just not loving the translation. It feels "cheap" and doesn't have the same flow.

We've decided not to run those remakes on our CoD4 custom maps server after testing them out. There is so much open ground that snipers completely dominate this map.

Hey, if you like it, more power to you. Opinions are personal, so I won't try to influence yours other than to say, expect there to be some major changes to your beloved Sharqi.

Thanks sonic

I grabed the ip for your server and am downloading the maps,I love custom maps be it in cod1(havent played that in a while) or tf2,in tf i like all the old classic maps that are making their way in to tf2 brings back the good ol days of tfc.

Now if and only IF BF3 would allow us to have custom maps like tf2/cod and allow us to download them when we connect to a server running customs,that could change bf for the better i think.

Thanks.:salute:

Comment

I thought the new Sharqi they just released was alot better than the original Sharqi they had. Also karkand looks pretty sick.

Comment

Originally posted by Section{8} View Post
              Now if and only IF BF3 would allow us to have custom maps like tf2/cod and allow us to download them when we connect to a server running customs,that could change bf for the better i think.
              If it will have ranking and stats like BF2, then I doubt it.

Comment

CoD4 on BF2 maps = PERFECT.. CoD 4 maps are too small for the snipers to be properly utalised... ill have to get CoD4 for pc and get that mod :P

Comment

yeah they wouldnt pass suit eachother..leave bf2 like bf2 lol..i didnt like playing bf2 on bf42s berlin map for example..i dont say its not cool i say its not good tho

Comment

Sharqi you say, i'll have to look out for it!
                    I agree, the COD4 maps are far to small for any decent sniping!

Comment

yea no map on cod4 is big enough to fully "feel" like a sniper, killing guys from so far away they cant even see you. the only maps that are sort of good for snipers, in my opinion, is overgrown, and pipeline. anyways i would like to see a karkand for cod4

Comment

Originally posted by Section{8} View Post
                        I never seem to find any custom maps for cod4,maybe they are on higher pinged server?I try to not look at and servers that look to be pinging over 80 for me.

Sound fun as hell tho.:salute:
                        Check your server filters and set Mods to Yes.

I played on one of the two Sharqi maps a few days ago. It's alright, it's just that it just turns into a sniper fest. I'm fine with that though because I'm decent with the sniper rifles but most of the time you'll be running around trying to look for someone to shoot at that doesn't have a sniper rifle and not on top of the TV station.

People wanted "bigger" maps and here it is, a snipe fest, and people complain about snipers... Bigger maps don't always mean they're better. I'll still be playing on the custom maps though.

Comment

too bland and grey IMO. done really well but i find BF2 alot more colorful in the scenery. i got sick of grey 5 minutes into 2142, CoD4 has some good use of grey but i still ain't much of a shade guy.

Comment

Working...
                          X